What else do you make?

Old 06-22-2020, 05:59 AM

I've taken regular fabric and stitched quilting patterns on it before making a jacket, a dress, covering for whatever. In the process of making covers for all my toilet seats. Quilted the fabric beforehand, embroidered a design on what I'll satin stitch on top of the quilted fabric. Its been in the making for a couple years as something else always seems to bump it from getting done. Have also made cushions for my outside patio furniture and porch swing, quilting the fabric after I've stitched it together using outdoor fabrics. Just to name a few items I use my quilt machine, also an Innova but 26" for.
Old 06-22-2020, 08:11 AM

I have made scrub hats and masks for the local hospital and that kept me busy for awhile and now I am back to making quilts again. I enjoyed the break away from quilts. I plan on making some cloth shopping bags as my friend made me a couple and it is nice to have when I go get groceries. I also want to make some seasonal table runners.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:00 AM
Power Poster

I like any of the bags "ByAnnie". Have made several. They have a long construction processes, but are worth it. She has the best organizers!
Old 06-22-2020, 01:59 PM

I make table toppers, placemats, pot holders, wall hangings, rope bowls and rope trivets, organizers for my hand tools and rulers, samples of the various stitches my machine can do, samples of free motion quilting designs, etc. I also enjoy using my sewing machine to darn holes in clothing and reattach buttons that have come off. Recently I've enjoyed watching you tubers make junk journals- a lot of them use their sewing machines to sew decorative stitches around the pages of the journals they are making, or to attach embellishments and pockets to the individual pages to hold stuff-- I may give that a try sometime.

I did learn a number of years ago that I don't enjoy making clothing or doing things that require me to follow a pattern.

Rob
Old 06-22-2020, 02:24 PM
Power Poster

All I make and love making are quilts to donate to kids in foster care in my county. Last year I made the two Grandmas of our Baby Great Granddaughter a quilt a piece.

I use to sew clothing for myself, PJs for Son and clothes for two Daughters and doll clothes for G.I. Joe and Barbie dolls.
Years ago, Kids are way too old now.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:33 PM

Swoon purses, Emmaline Bags, Blue Calla - these companies usually have a few free patterns on their websites - free is a good place to start if you're new to purse making.
I've made many a bag, and many of them more than once. I find the actual purse is so personal as to what one likes, arrangements of pockets and slots, size, style (cross body vs clutch vs handbag vs shoulder bag vs backpack - you get the idea!)
Old 06-23-2020, 06:41 AM

Maille
But it won't thread through my machines.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cm Iris  in iron maille   b.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	625923  
Old 06-23-2020, 07:58 AM

Thanks everyone! I think I will try working on a few bags and see how it goes!
Old 06-25-2020, 03:32 AM

Enjoyed making Missouri star 3 totes from 1 charm pack.

https://youtu.be/M4-41NHuFe8
Old 06-25-2020, 03:50 AM
Power Poster

I got my first sewing machine in 1965 - still have it. I used to make my own clothes, curtains, Halloween costumes for my kids. Kept that sewing machine and moved it around. Took up quilting when I retired but have made lots of other things besides quilts. Halloween costumes for grandkids, some easy clothes for myself, bags, pillow cases, etc. Lately have been making various type/size masks on request of immediate family.