Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 26-28, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 26-28, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 26-28, 2020

Old 06-26-2020, 07:37 AM

Missed the last VQW but am eager to join this weekend. Finished an Honor Flight Quilt top. Would like to get it quilted this weekend but may wait for cooler weather to do that. I'm working on a sewing mat and thread catcher to take to my Bee and I've also decided to start a sampler-I chose the Lori Holt Vintage Farm Girl and am mixing and matching from books 1& 2. I'm making the 6 in block size. Needed a fun project for me. Usually give away everything I make.
Old 06-26-2020, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
Thanks, Heather, for hosting the VQW.

I hope to finish my 6” block scrappy quilt top. I used 6” plain blocks cut by my church group that have been taking up space for 6 or more years. Lol! The group will sandwich, tie, and donate it when we get to meet again.

Rob: I can’t figure out how to download the Bluprint classes. I do know I can download the PDFs and should plan on doing some every day.

got to quiltingboard forums, Links and Resources, Craftsy/Bluprint to Close, message # 126. The program I am using is called Allavsoft. They have options for both Mac and PC. I bought a 1 month license in order to download all my classes. I have way too many to be able to use the software that bluprint suggested as it only works with tablets which don’t have the memory capacity to hold more than a few classes at a time.

I got a message from Allavsoft saying you can use them to download your owned/purchased classes.
Hope that helps,
Rob
Old 06-26-2020, 10:11 AM

I just finished this Xmas stocking for my newest SIL. Now on to quilt a UFO from who know how long ago
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	C03154D1-D597-43B1-884E-F017644C74FE.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	626035  
Old 06-26-2020, 10:21 AM

Will try to get my binding on a small quilt and quilt a 2nd small quilt at least that's my plan. Thanks for the VQW as that's going to give me the push to get at least one project done I hope.
Old 06-26-2020, 10:24 AM

Just finished all the Turning 20 Again blocks and they're on the design wall. Needs some studying and a little rearranging
Old 06-26-2020, 10:43 AM

I'm in!!! Hoipefully will be done organizing so I can start sewing. Ready to assemble third baby quilt. Two tops are done but not basted so three more patterns to choose.

You guys ever get lost on Pinterest?
Old 06-26-2020, 10:56 AM

I am working on a variation of the Drunkard's Path. I hope to be able to finish the top this weekend. The Virtual Quilt Weekend is the perfect time to work on it! So let t he sewing begin. I feel like the little engine that could right now so I will make it over the top and finish this top!
Old 06-26-2020, 11:20 AM

Raggiemom, thank -you for hosting again. I always look forward to your VQW each month.

Tb600, thank-you for sharing about Lori Kennedy’s 25 days of quilting. It’s only in the 8th day, so I just may follow along intermittently. At least read and try the days I’m interested in. Again thank-you.

Well this weekend, I’m working on quilting the fall quilt and add more quilting to an old rwb w/h and finally get as far as I can on my 100 block challenge/15 day challenge from 30-45 days go. I’m at day 8 & 9 (both are 1/2 way done. Blocks 10-12 are cut out ready to be sewn and days 13-145 have fabric selected, I just need to cut and sew. I figure I can Finish the blocks this weekend and put it together next weekend. I still haven’t decided if I will make it a w/h or throw. The fall quilt needs a plain backing fabric found and quilted. Tomorrow project. And the rwb w/h I just need to be creative and quilt a little more on it. I really want to hand that on my wall in the hallway for the 4th. Anyway we will see.

I’m looking forward to pics and process during this weekend.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:31 PM

Well, things ground to a stop fairly quickly here today. The gray fabric that I had chosen for the background of FW is not a deep enough value, so when I laid the blocks out to sew- it was blah... So rather than carrying on with something I knew I would not be happy with, I am ripping out all the background setting triangles. Nothing in my stash is quite right, so a trip to LQS is in store for tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:54 PM

I have layered wool batting on the back of the thread painted butterfly. Several layers deep and spray basted it in place with an all over layer of Hobbs 60 40 backing it. I'll let it dry over night and then do some outline stitching to hold the extra batting in place and add details here and there before backing it and doing the final quilting. Meanwhile, I'm still downloading my Craftsy classes. Even with the software and relatively fast internet, it's slow going getting them downloaded and organized.

Now I need to decide on my next quilting project. I have a UFO that I want to get done in July (not to mention the other 20 or so that are waiting in the wings LOL), but I'm really itching to start something new using my small scraps. And I have enough tiny batting scraps saved up to stuff a pillow, so I could dig through my orphan blocks and see if something suits...

Rob