Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
2020 Paducah Quilt Show book >

2020 Paducah Quilt Show book

2020 Paducah Quilt Show book

Old 06-30-2020, 11:18 AM

Default 2020 Paducah Quilt Show book

For those of you who normally travel to Paducah for the quilt show, I just got an email from the AQS that the 2020 Show Catalogue is now available. AQS members can get it for $16 plus shipping. I just ordered Cheryl a copy. She has the show catalogue for every time we've gone.

I have to say that, unlike some husbands, I look forward to the show. We know a couple who live down there so we meet for dinner (Pizza by the Pound is fantastic, although my cardiologist would likely flinch if he knew I was eating there). The only thing she hasn't done is take a class. Maybe some day. One other thing I like to do is sit in the back room of Hancock's of Paducah and watch the ladies grab fabric like it was Black Friday, and the nervous sweat running down their husband's faces.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-30-2020 at 05:32 PM. Reason: language
Old 06-30-2020, 03:36 PM
Gay

Rob, you are a delight, so funny. lol. I'm like that 80yo lady. It took nearly a lifetime to get my other half to dial up a phone call, so no way would he touch a computer or mobile phone.
Old 06-30-2020, 04:00 PM

Rob, you make me laugh too! Keep on posting stuff!
Old 06-30-2020, 09:07 PM

Re: my report of the lady in her 80s. Just so I can provide some context, and so it makes sense, her comment to me was that if her husband had been like me, she wouldn't have divorced him. She used a rather salty phrase to describe him.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-01-2020 at 04:01 AM. Reason: PM
Old 07-01-2020, 08:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rob The HOAQ View Post
Re: my report of the lady in her 80s. Just so I can provide some context, and so it makes sense, her comment to me was that if her husband had been like me, she wouldn't have divorced him. She used a rather salty phrase to describe him.
This made me laugh. Love that Lady.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:07 AM

I just googled it for more info and the show is cancelled. They will be mailing refund starting July 5th. Ahhhh, sorry! Hope they print out the blocks! I made a great quilt last year!

**Sorry, Rob, Just re-read your post!! You told us it ! Off to secure a copy!**

Did some more searching and the catalog maybe available! If so I will certainly get it. Made a lovely quilt last year!
Good luck to us all! Anyone have more information?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-01-2020 at 09:26 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 07-01-2020, 09:26 AM

While I obviously like to look at all the quilts, I especially like those from the Cherrywood Challenge. This year was supposed to be Princess Diana. I think that might be a good opportunity for someone to enter the show but not worry about trying to get into the main show. Here's hoping 2021 sees the show back on.

Kitsie, did you actually enter the show? If so, what was your quilt?
Old 07-02-2020, 02:43 AM

I received my copy of the book yesterday! It shipped on 6/15 and took a 15-day scenic detour with USPS. Went from Paducah to St. Louis to Memphis to Detroit and finally to Columbus, OH. Was hoping to find some souvenirs from each state in the envelope, but - alas - no luck.

It is the book of all the semi-finalists quilts that were accepted into the show. No winners since the show was (understandably) canceled. Of course, COVID would happen the year I got the nerve to enter a quilt and it was accepted, lol! At least I now have the book that shows my quilt, so I’m a happy gal.
Old 07-02-2020, 06:55 AM

Rob, you take good care of your quilting lady! What a treasure you are. My DH encourages me in my quilting and anything I want related to my quilting. He doesn't participate more than that. For me that is good enough. You are a charge!