Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
V&H Magnaquilter >

V&H Magnaquilter

V&H Magnaquilter

Old 06-28-2020, 04:44 PM

Question V&H Magnaquilter

Model #610009686 was advertised locally. It is approximately 10 years old and sewn about 8 hours on. It has an Enspira 10 foot Frame. Does anyone know anything about this machine?????
There is hardly anything on the internet. She is asking $1,000. I will probably go see it even tho she doesn't know the throat size.

Do you or a friend of yours have this machine? If so please send me a private email as I have lots of questions.

Thanks! Jennifer
Old 06-28-2020, 05:27 PM
mkc

Doesn't even remotely sound familiar.

Is the frame an Inspira (not "Enspira")?

Is it a Viking Mega Quilter (not a "V&H Megaquilter")?

If a Viking, is it just the 9" throat model, not the 16" model?

If Inspira and the 9" model, a quick search showed someone here bought one 8 or so years ago for $500.

Last edited by mkc; 06-28-2020 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:53 AM
Power Poster

I have a Husqvarna Viking Mega quilter that I bought with a Grace 10' frame in 2008. It is not the model you mentioned. It is a very good machine. I have had no problems with it except those caused by 'operator error'!
Old 06-29-2020, 06:07 AM

Please don't waste your time or money. It's a clumsy setup and the fact that there are only 8 hours of sewing time over 10 years is a huge red flag. The throat space of the machine is 9" which initially provides 5" of quilting space. As the quilt is rolled on the bar, the space continues to shrink to nothing. One of these was donated to Project Linus and despite the number of members I've trained to use it, no one wants to work with such a small quilting space. Another setup was donated and we immediately took the frame to the scrap dealer.

There are lots of older quilting machines as people are trading up to larger throat sizes. A 16" throat has 11"-12" of usable quilting space. Ask a local machine dealer to keep you in mind when a trade-in arrives. There can be a steep learning curve and having someone available to teach you will make quilting a positive experience.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:09 AM

I agree with "mcwillia" that there is something fishy about the fact that the machine has only been used for 8 hours in the last 10 years. I paid $1000 for my used Janome and love it and have had it for about 10 years. I sew almost every day on it with no problems. Good luck to you and hope you get a good deal if you want that machine. Honestly, I have not heard of that sewing machine.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:21 PM

Thank you for all your input. I did not purchase it. I sold my Gammill Classic Plus a few years ago due to a bad back and it was foolish for me to even think about this.
I would consider a computer operated model but with the price differences I doubt that will happen.