Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Viking Embroidery Machines >

Viking Embroidery Machines

Viking Embroidery Machines

Old 04-18-2020, 06:15 AM

Default Viking Embroidery Machines

Does anyone know if you have a viking designer 1 and you buy a viking Topaz 30 if the embroidery accessories are inter changeable?
Old 04-18-2020, 09:37 AM

You can probably check in the machine manual. There is usually a list of part numbers and accessories that you can use for each machine. There may also be a specification sheet on the machine web site for comparison.

Do they both use the same hoop size? The embroidery arms may be different and take different models of hoops.

Do you have a dealer close to you?
Old 04-18-2020, 09:44 PM

Most feet are interchangeable. Hoops are interchangeable if not too large.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:58 PM

My guess the Topaz 30 will come with the accessories you need. What do you want to keep? I have the Topaz 20 and it appears they are interchangeable. If you check on the Viking website you can see. Your designs will work if you have one of the Viking programs. Mine has the VP3, and I believe so does the the Topaz 30 since my book for the 20 also includes the 30.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:02 PM

The embroidery hoops and accessories will fit just fine. If your D1 uses floppy disks for embroidery designs you will need an external floppy drive to plug into the Topaz. They run about $20 to $60 online. The D1 uses the HUS embroidery format the Topaz uses VP3 (?). Yes you can get the software but you still would need the external drive to get the embroidery designs on your computer to convert the format so the Topaz could read them. The software ain't cheap and you would need lessons to use it. Talk to you dealer.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:53 AM

I found when I went from the D1 to the Epic only the spanish hem foot and walking foot would not work out of all the feet I had. I did have to watch how wide I made my stitchout as the Epic can go wider than the D1 could. Also supposedly the megahoop would not work on the Epic so I sold it. Otherwise you usually get a small, medium and large hoop with the new machine anyway. Its just those extra hoops on whether you'd really use them or not. Hope that helps.