What is this vintage machine?

Old 07-19-2020, 05:16 PM

Default What is this vintage machine?

Hello, I just got this Machine but we can’t figure out what it is, I don’t know how to use it need to find manual or something. Help meeee please!
it wound allow me to attach photo but it’s light blue it says international on it on the front plate it says SAZ 691192 KE J/a/3

Last edited by Junebug29; 07-19-2020 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Couldn’t add photo
Old 07-19-2020, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Junebug29 View Post
Hello, I just got this Machine but we can’t figure out what it is, I don’t know how to use it need to find manual or something. Help meeee please!
it wound allow me to attach photo but it’s light blue it says international on it on the front plate it says SAZ 691192 KE J/a/3
The JA number you've given us indicates it's a Japanese made machine. That won't necessarily tell us which machine it is. If the tension is on the face plate, then it's probably a 15 clone. Those were made just after WWII. They would look like the first two posted on this thread. There is a manual for this one that is free on http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mach...ion-manual.pdfthis site.

However, the Japanese started innovating not too long after that and made a myriad of what are called Class 15 machines. The third one in the above mentioned thread is an example, but there are hundreds. That more specific manual is more complicated to find.

Attaching a photo isn't easy, but it's the easiest way to get help, if the above link doesn't help you. Here are Janey's hints for successfully posting a photo:
"We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button."

bkay
Old 07-19-2020, 06:34 PM

Thank you so much for replying so fast I appreciate the information! I’m still trying to understand how to upload a photo I hope I figure it out soon. The hard part is finding the right bobbin and bobbin case for it as it didn’t come with it, Besides for that the machine is running beautifully.
Old 07-19-2020, 06:42 PM

Okay! So I uploaded it in my profile under album!
Old 07-19-2020, 07:28 PM

Welcome. bkay was correct about that since it is not a 15-clone, it would be a class 15 Japanese machine. It may also have a JC number. I think I found the threading diagram at http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diag...ng_diagram.htm

It looks there may have been two machines in that series and it looks like yours is a #1 and a manual can be found at http://www.sewusa.com/Sewing_Machine...n_Manual_1.htm

That would take what is considered a 1 o'clock class 15 bobbin case and metal class 15 bobbins. I believe the part number for the case would be #JO1313ZW.

The link to Junebug29's machine https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...47-622138.html

Unfortunately, the place I used to get my parts from is no longer in business. With the part number and knowing that it takes class 15 bobbins, you should be able to get what you need to be able to sew with your machine.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 07-19-2020 at 07:42 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 07-19-2020, 07:58 PM

Thank you much you have no idea how much I appreciate these replies especially so fast! I will be going to get the bobbin and case tomorrow, seriously thank you so much!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-20-2020 at 03:16 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 07-19-2020, 08:06 PM

You are welcome. Glad we could help. Don't forget to oil with sewing machine oil, all the places that metal rubs metal. The manual should have instructions on how to maintain your machine.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:08 PM

Awsome! Thank you I did not know that! Hopefully this machine is easy to use lol I’m very new to the sewing world
Old 07-20-2020, 06:40 AM

These are sometimes called "dashboard" machines since they look like a 50s car dashboard. Welcome aboard.
If you want to you may post a note in the "introduce yourself" forum.
Old 07-21-2020, 05:18 PM

We got the machine up and running so far! Thank you to everyone! I’m so excited