Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Applique To Go Bag #2 >

Applique To Go Bag #2

Applique To Go Bag #2

Old 08-02-2020, 02:42 PM

Smile Applique To Go Bag #2

I prepped another to go bag using a different pattern by the same designer, Aneela Hoey and oh my word, I cannot believe how much I love this bag! It was my first snap and was definitely more complex than bag one but I think it's totally my new favorite. I purchased the fabric line in 1/2 yards so I still have plenty left to make some bits to go with it. Zippers are my new jam, two in this project and I didn't even stress about them.

I will say next time I'll use masking tape or something to get the pulls out of the way when I do the binding. I broke another needle on the old Janome but it was the pull, and that was my fault. I picked up a set of 10 new universal needles for it as I had to dig into the piecing needles the last few. In any case, it was a great learning experience and I'm thinking about making another for my fancy school pens, too!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Foxglove1.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	626977   Click image for larger version

Name:	Foxglove2.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	626978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Foxglove2b.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	626979   Click image for larger version

Name:	FoxgloveWholeCover.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	626980  
Old 08-02-2020, 03:35 PM

A really nice bag...pretty too!
Old 08-02-2020, 03:47 PM

What a great looking bag. If you don't have a snap, you could use velcro for the closure. I like the clear plastic so you can easily see what's inside & love the double zipper sections so all is not just jammed up in one big space. Thanks for showing us your new to go bag.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:27 PM
Power Poster

Well done!
Old 08-02-2020, 09:03 PM

Thanks, granky, osewme, & Tartan! I can't wait to add a few more of her designs to the mix. There are little goodie bags all the way to what I'm calling an art portfolio, I just can't choose which fabrics to make it out of yet. I think the next one (since I have nearly decided on the fabrics) is a folder with lots of pockets on both sides. These patterns are awesome!! I make a freezer paper version of each so I don't lose anything and that's been helpful.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:06 PM

Smile Snaps

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
What a great looking bag. If you don't have a snap, you could use velcro for the closure. I like the clear plastic so you can easily see what's inside & love the double zipper sections so all is not just jammed up in one big space. Thanks for showing us your new to go bag.
I purchased two packs of magnetic snaps with a coupon at JoAnns recently, so no worries, there's plenty on hand. I was just nervous about it because they're new to me but it was totally easy and nothing to stress over. I don't think I even have velcro on hand, but yes, that would be a good item to stock for future use, thanks.
Old 08-03-2020, 02:24 AM

I like the bag style with the zippers at each end and the clear plastic makes it easy to see where things are inside at a glance.
Enjoy using your bag and show us more if you make some.
Old 08-03-2020, 02:44 AM

Love your bag. The fabric is so charming and the clear plastic is a bonus!.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:29 AM

Great bag, I love the two zippers. I just googled her patterns. I'm going to get one of them, just haven't decided which one. It will be a great challenge for me. It will be something different to do, keep me busy and maybe learn a few new skills.
Old 08-03-2020, 04:25 AM

Love those!