Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pattern ideas please >

Pattern ideas please

Pattern ideas please

Old 08-04-2020, 06:42 PM

Default Pattern ideas please

Hi, the director at our senior center asked the quilting group to make a quilt for raffle using fabric with the centers logo. She had it printed rather small on the fabric. I've included a snapshot of the fabric. The logo is two shades of green on white. Each of the circles is 1 inch in diameter. I'm having a devils time coming up with a design that someone would actually like to buy. Can anyone recommend designs that I could suggest to the group. Since the fabric is so uninspiring it won't necessarily work as a focus fabric. I think we could use it as a background fabric.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	125 live logo 2.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	627032  
Old 08-04-2020, 06:46 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

How about as the border? The seals could face into the center of the quilt on all sides. How much fabric do you have?
Old 08-04-2020, 07:45 PM
Power Poster

I think you could work them into Bonnie Hunter’s Blossom Time blocks. The green leaves could pick up the green in the motif and the tulip like top of the flowers could be done in blues with the motif worked into the little squares. The Blossom Time block were featured in her Addicted to Scrap column in Quiltmaker Mar/April 2019 issue but you could draft it on graph paper if you wanted to change the size.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:59 PM

I used a small logo fabric on a disappearing nine patch with coordinating colors and it worked well. it could also work as a larger single patch mixed in with other block designs. (see for example: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vM7Q_-nmbG...7521b7970b.jpg)
Old 08-09-2020, 09:27 PM

I just watched a tutorial on YouTube from Missouri Star Quilt Company on the Daisy Chain quilt, I'm making a modified version of that. It is super easy, and you can make it with charm squares and jelly rolls.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:48 AM

This is a fabric that screams "sampler" to me. Each person working on the quilt makes a block or several blocks, depending on your numbers. It could also be part of the binding..
Old 08-11-2020, 02:54 AM

Can you take the logo to a copy shop and blow it up? Then perhaps you could use fabric paints to copy it onto a large (24"? 18"?) piece of plain fabric and surround that with blocks using the fabric as the background. Would make a nice medallion quilt.
Old 08-11-2020, 03:23 AM

How much yardage do you have in that fabric?

I agree that it is un-inspiring. I would use it for the backing of the quilt. Find a layer cake or jelly roll that works with the colors and make the blocks for the quilt.

Good luck.
Old 08-11-2020, 03:27 AM
Power Poster

If there is not 1/2" or more between logos, that is unfortunate. I wanted a very small log cabin in the middle of our guild show awards.
This is the award center with an extra 1/4" seam allowance added all around

I was able to fit 56 on a fat quarter to have spoonflower print