Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cleaning Sewing Machine >

Cleaning Sewing Machine

Cleaning Sewing Machine

Old 08-19-2020, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by leaha View Post
I got a bag with mini attachments that fits all vacuums, (that's what it says on the bag) I read some where NOT to used canned air as just pushes the gunk into the machine further. I hook it up on my vac and just go down the line and do all 9 machines at one time, then while it is out and ready I do the floors. I use a one inch paint brush for cleaning each time I change the bobbin for lint and threads.
I agree with leaha comment about using canned air. Every sewing machine dealer that I have ever known says "Never use it" as it drives all the debris deeper into the machine. I too have a mini attachment which I love but before I did I secured a piece of pantyhose on the big vac and cleaned it out that way. I do use canned air on all the parts that I can remove - the bobbin case and for my top loading Pfaff all the parts that hold it in and a fine brush to finish.
Old 08-19-2020, 08:38 PM

Harbor freight has mini bristel brushes made to clean paint sprayers for just a few $$.
https://www.harborfreight.com/airbru...-pc-68155.html

Last edited by diamondee; 08-19-2020 at 08:44 PM. Reason: added web address
Old 08-20-2020, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by donna13350 View Post
I use paint brushes and pipe cleaners, for the most part.
same here...
Old 08-20-2020, 08:35 AM

I use a paintbrush with bristles that are on the stiffer side. The soft ones are too soft. I also have a little vacuum cleaner attachment set I bought at Harbor Freight a long time ago, I don't think they carry it anymore but I've seen it on Amazon.

Here are instructions on how to clean your machine, plus a great picture showing what happens if you use canned air.
https://weallsew.com/how-to-remove-l...ewing-machine/