August Mugrug

Old 08-19-2020, 03:11 PM
Power Poster

Thank you, Granky.
Old 08-20-2020, 03:00 PM

Thank you so much Sewbizgirl for posting the pic of the fantastic mug rug you made for me.My DH sent yours out last night.

it has been a tough week with the death of my father in law and then the next ay my mother in law fell and broke her hip.

Boop, prayers sent your way. Take care.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Boop, so sorry for your trouble! Praying the masses will disappear! Just rest and take care of yourself.

Love the watermelon mug rug, Hav4boys... who made it?

This is the mug rug I made for my partner, mmonohon:
Old 08-21-2020, 05:40 AM
Power Poster

Oh no... so sorry about your MIL too, Mmonohon. You all have had a rough time of it, lately. Prayers for your family.
Old 08-22-2020, 10:30 AM

They were able to get the whole mass out. Now they freeze it, then slice it to get as many samples as possible. Then they start testing. They have not ruled out cancer, but for now are treating it as a disease.. I hurt so bad from the drainage tube. Then catheter, iv's in each hand. After I came out of anesthesia, they had me sitting up in bed. Arm pressure band on arm and both legs. Now that felt good. Every few minutes they would rotate the pressure. Of course when I came out surgery, they were asking ME about what I wanted to be called, Peg or Peggy. Roger says Grammie. So that is what they are calling me. So, they turned me on my side for the night. Now this morning, they already have me up in the chair. They are taking me off oxygen today to see how I breath on my own and watch my draining discharge to figure out when they take out the drainage. And with that said, I am going to try to nap in ths chair. Peggy..
Old 08-22-2020, 11:12 AM

Default Lum is so talented!

Oh Lum! What a beautiful mug rug! Your skills are better than mine so I hope you don't mind having me as your partner! Those little squares I used gave me a bit of trouble but I enjoyed learning. I was thrilled when I saw the beautiful watermelon and then lo and behold - flip - puppies too and I think the light fabric is dachshunds. Thank you so much.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	627341  
Old 08-22-2020, 11:25 AM

Default On the flip side

Thank you Lum 🐶

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	627343  
Old 08-22-2020, 11:57 AM
Power Poster

Cute 2-sided mug rug, Lum.

Boop, great that they were able to take out the whole mass. I hope that's a good sign. I wanted to ask you if you had a partner in this swap. I'd be happy to send a mug rug to her while you are tied up with recovery. Just let me know, and tell me who to send to. God bless you. Recover well!
Old 08-22-2020, 04:36 PM

Boop...thank you so much for letting us know how you are doing...you know we are all praying for you. Hang in there girl, and if you can possibly do it, try to keep us informed.

sewbizgirl....I was Boops partner this month, but please don't worry about it....just hoping Peggy/Boop56/Grammie gets well soon!
I'm sure she has her package by now, so will show the mug rug she received....

Name:	August 2020 sent.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	894.0 KB
ID:	627350  
Old 08-22-2020, 09:37 PM
lum

Nonnie, glad you like it. I have had the watermelon side in mind for several months. When you told me about your dogs I knew I needed to do that too. I have been gone camping for a few days but I expect that the one from you will be waiting for me when I get home.
Old 08-23-2020, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

That's so cute, Granky! I'm sure that will cheer Boop up!

I'd love to send you a mug rug in honor of Boop. Please pm me with your mailing address!