What made you happy TODAY?

Old 03-02-2010, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
What made me happy was 1) we got our taxes filed (monkey off the back)
2) got offered and accepted a real job. It's part time but some money id better than no money.
Congratulations! I hope your good fortune is contagious. I had my interview yesterday and am waiting to hear.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:43 AM

I've been haivng a really hard day, and stumbled across this thread in an attempt to find something happy to make myself feel better. Thank you so much for starting this!

Here are mine for the day:

Last night when we got home I had a mystery package waiting for me - my best friend sent me the book Skippyjon Jones for my 3 year old son. So much fun to read!

This morning, on the way to work, he asked for his favorite holiday CD (I know, it's March, but it makes him happy) and he started singing at the top of his lungs. He even got most of the words right. It was really cute / funny.

Thanks for making me think of nice things, just when I was ready to crawl under my desk and cry. I like you guys.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by jenimelinda
I've been haivng a really hard day, and stumbled across this thread in an attempt to find something happy to make myself feel better. Thank you so much for starting this!

Here are mine for the day:

Last night when we got home I had a mystery package waiting for me - my best friend sent me the book Skippyjon Jones for my 3 year old son. So much fun to read!

This morning, on the way to work, he asked for his favorite holiday CD (I know, it's March, but it makes him happy) and he started singing at the top of his lungs. He even got most of the words right. It was really cute / funny.

Thanks for making me think of nice things, just when I was ready to crawl under my desk and cry. I like you guys.
It's so easy to be down in winter. My heart goes out to you. I'll think good thoughts for you all day. And you think positive! This too, shall pass, and it will soon be Spring, and sunny days to lift your spirits.
YTQ Diana
Old 03-02-2010, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by JoAnnGC

Congratulations! I hope your good fortune is contagious. I had my interview yesterday and am waiting to hear.
Good luck on getting your job and I hope it's a job you want to do. Chris
Old 03-02-2010, 01:35 PM

First, Thanks for reminding us to think of what goes right in our lives, it's so easy to get down and crabby.

What made me happy today and the past few days is, found out one DGD passed her RN boards in Kentucky and another DGD's RN pinning is scheduled for May (these 2 DGD's are cousins) and another teenaged DGD knocked them dead this past weekend as Patsy the ditsy 1920's showgirl in Crazy For You. She attends a performing arts high school and they put on great productions. May in Jersey
Old 03-02-2010, 01:41 PM

what made me happy today is my sewing roon is dry again
Old 03-02-2010, 01:47 PM

Thanks for the reminder to look for the good in life!

It may seem a little thing to others, but my good things today are that:

I got a perm!
I have time to quilt!
and the college bills are paid for another semester! Hooray! :thumbup:
Old 03-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Banned

Thanks for this board. I'm not smiling yet today but this helps. It's been a rough time. DH working over 60 hours a week and is stressed, wants me to find a full time job - I'm looking and applying, but am at least working part time (it could and has been worse). I've brushing up on my excel 2007 and other software so I don't get too rusty.

Good news is in just a few minutes I'm going to go into my sewing room and finish making the inner blocks for my latest quilt. Then comes the borders which are tricky on this one too. So far it's looking good. AAAAA NNNNNN DDDDD - this one is for ME! (Unless someone wants to buy it like someone did my wall hanging I was making for ME!)
Old 03-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Power Poster

I worked 14 days straight (12-15 hour days toward the end) of a work project and HURRAY - it is off to the printer. I got my life back and I can go back to sewing.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:38 PM

I got to share quilty-talk with a super sweet lady at the W-mart counter today...was able to share this site and all the nice people here with her! I get to go to my Mom's this weekend, so family time for three days!!! Yeah!!! (Do we ever outgrow the need for our mom's?) I'm happy!