Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Any great quilt shops in Austin, Tx? >

Any great quilt shops in Austin, Tx?

Any great quilt shops in Austin, Tx?

Old 09-01-2020, 08:24 AM

Default Any great quilt shops in Austin, Tx?

I’ll be visiting Austin for a few days and of course would love to know of quilt shops there worth visiting! I may only have time for one shop. Also any other “should-not-miss” places of interest ? I’m pretty sure we will bob about at Barton springs..will be there for just a few days..thank you for sharing what you know!
Old 09-01-2020, 08:46 AM

There are quite a few, but you'll need to check with each one about COVID hours and/or closings. My favorite is Poppy Quilt N Sew in Georgetown and they are open daily (except Sunday) from 11:00 to 3:00. HoneyBee Quilt is in north Austin. The Cotton Cupboard is in Lakeway. Also A Quilter's Folly in South Austin. Lots to do in the area. Enjoy!
Old 09-01-2020, 08:57 AM

I don't know any of these personally but this might help you.

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_des...c=Austin%2C+TX
Old 09-01-2020, 10:26 AM

Wink

Welcome to Austin! We have some fantastic quilt shops! My personal favorites are (in no particular order): Honey Bee Quilts (Anderson Mill area), The Cotton Cupboard (Lakeway), and A Quilter's Folly (South Austin). B&B Quilting (Buda) and Poppy Quilt n Sew (Georgetown) are also nice.

I also recommend trying Amy's Ice Cream while you're here A-Town on Burnet Rd is a fun place to shop for souvenirs and gifts, and there's an Amy's right near it
Old 09-01-2020, 02:15 PM

Thank you so much!! Just what I was looking for !! Will def find amys ice cream and the shopping spot near it!! We will be in south Austin so glad there is a great shop there!
Old 09-01-2020, 05:15 PM

My daughter lives in Austin. Brunch at Magnolia's-sweet potato pancakes, yumm. (It's on South Congress). There's a cute shop next door, too.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:21 PM

If you're going to be south, then A Quilter's Folly and B&B Quilting will be close! They're both really nice shops! A-Town is pretty far north, you might find Lucky Lizard, Prima Dora, or Austin Gift Company closer if you want to shop for fun souvenirs. I second Magnolias Have a great trip!!