Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4 >

Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4

Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4

Old 09-04-2020, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Bugaroo, this is a topic that comes up in almost every Boom so it's a good one! For the purposes of this swap, The Quilting Board requires that fabrics, all fabrics, be prewashed. There are chemicals the fabrics that some people are more sensitive to than others. In order to save trouble, we all prewash and use products without strong aroma residue, including detergents and starches. Sensitivities exist to aromas as well. However, if i am quilting for myself, I generally don't prewash. I wait until a quilt is finished and then throw it in the wash as I like that crinkled look.
Mine is in the wash right now.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:36 AM

My husband had some time off early on during the "pandemic" and did get a lot of things done on his list. He says he needs another month off so he can get even more done before winter! We just got done cleaning up/burning the last of the branches/twigs from the big Iowa storm a few weeks ago. Nothing was on/near the house so we weren't in a big hurry to get it done...my husband works for a local telephone company (also provides internet) so he was working long hours and just didn't feel up to doing yard clean up after long days. Also gave my wrist/thumb a bit more time to heal... His next big project is making a bracket for a snowplow that we acquired when our daughter bought her Jeep Wrangler a month or so ago. He is thinking it will be faster than the snowblower...he just doesn't want to damage the suspension on his own vehicle so is making sure it is supported correctly.

Travelinggramma, I will be praying for you and the adjustment of having your mother living there. I am the primary care giver for my 82 yr old MIL...it can really wear you out some days. She doesn't live here but about 3 miles away and alone...for now. Her mind is going so we're not sure how much longer she'll be able to live on her own. Full shoulder replacement surgery is scheduled for October...that will be a big adjustment for us all during her recovery.

I have my Boom fabrics ready and hope to get to my sewing room this afternoon to work on my next Round Robin round...I have an idea it is just getting a little done to see if it is a "go". Not due until Oct so plenty of time to get it just right!!

Old 09-04-2020, 01:31 PM

Cheesehead, Comfort Suites has been amazingly clean and keeps disinfectant handy everywhere in the main lobby. I've been driving back and forth to Texas. My husband's job is taking him everywhere despite COVID. Comfort Suites has been a wonderful choice for us so far. Stay safe!
Old 09-04-2020, 01:42 PM

Hi all! If there is still space, I am joining the 2 month group. I'm doing a Christmas themed boom this time. I haven't finished any of my Boom quilts yet. I just need to get creative. It has been wonderful lurking but it is time to get in on the action again. Great to see you all again.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:47 PM

Ibex, I was just logging on to post a “last call” and found your message. Also just replied to your email. Welcome back to Boom 25!

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Hi all! If there is still space, I am joining the 2 month group. I'm doing a Christmas themed boom this time. I haven't finished any of my Boom quilts yet. I just need to get creative. It has been wonderful lurking but it is time to get in on the action again. Great to see you all again.

Last edited by Janice McC; 09-04-2020 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:54 PM

Default Last Call!

Sign-ups end tonight at 11:59 EDT. Anyone who is interested in joining us, please send me an email tonight with all the info requested. Hope to hear from you!
Old 09-04-2020, 06:34 PM

Hello everyone. A newby here joining Boom 25.
Old 09-04-2020, 07:06 PM

Welcome Mobile!
Old 09-04-2020, 07:13 PM
Power Poster

Hi Ibex, so glad you are going to do this Boom with us! I'm in your group and would love to do some Christmas blocks. Welcome back, Friend!
Old 09-05-2020, 03:25 AM

Hi, Ibex and welcome Mobile! Let the fun begin!