Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Q'nique21 Longarm >

Q'nique21 Longarm

Q'nique21 Longarm

Old 09-12-2020, 09:20 AM

Default Q'nique21 Longarm

I am new to this quilting board and wondering if anyone can help me figure out why my machine skips stitches only when the achine is moved away from the belly bar towads the take-up bar? The machine has been totally cleaned several times, threaded and rethreaded, bobbins changed, needles changed, checked the needle height, hopper foot checked and adjusted several times, and confirmed the timing was correct. The encoder wheels and track wheels have also been cleaned.

If anyone has any other suggestions they will be greatly appreciated.
Karen
Old 09-12-2020, 10:08 AM
Power Poster

Leah Day demos the Q'nique machines on her website so I would check out her site www.leahday.com and see if one of her troubleshooting videos helps. She also takes comments, I think.
Old 09-12-2020, 10:31 AM

This happened to me, too. It was the encoders. One of them needed to be adjusted,even after cleaning tracks and wheels. It literally was not making contact with the rail because it was too high. It was difficult to see that it was not making contact. I'm not at my machine now, but I think there is a little screw on the encoder assembly that is used to adjust the encoder up or down a bit.

Also, make sure all connecters are in snugly. They do vibrate out of place as you quilt.
Old 09-13-2020, 05:14 AM

Thank you both for your suggestions. I will wAtch the video and ask my husband to retook at the encoders.