Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stretch woven fabric? >

Stretch woven fabric?

Stretch woven fabric?

Old 09-29-2020, 03:54 PM

Default Stretch woven fabric?

A few years ago, I made some blouses/shirts out of some stretch woven fabrics. They are very comfortable and I’d like to make some more but I can’t find any of this fabric locally. It’s like stretch denim but lighter weight. Does anyone know what this is called so that I can look for some on line? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:12 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Try searching for stretch denim or stretch chambray.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:46 PM

I searched for stretch cotton fabric and was successful. I am glad you mentioned this because I need to make myself some more relaxed pants. I like very roomy with a tie waist and pockets. Seems I must be the only one because I don't see them in the stores at all.
Old 09-30-2020, 11:51 AM
Power Poster

I would like pants like that too, Barb. I haven't seen any around here for quite a bit.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
I would like pants like that too, Barb. I haven't seen any around here for quite a bit.
I have some that I love. I may have to resort to taking them apart to make a pattern. They are a polished cotton with a pattern around the ankle part. Very beachy looking. Until then, I may have to resort to actually measuring my "butt" and sewing them from a pattern. I think it would be fun to make some from some of my better quality quilting fabric. I'd be bright for sure. lol
Old 09-30-2020, 05:32 PM

How funny - I was looking for Nightmare Before Christmas fabric to make some masks and other things. And so excited I thought I found it at Joann's online. Ordered it, and it was cotton knit. Really nice fabric, but not what I wanted. So decided to use it to make lounge pants for my DD. Had to buy a pattern and needles for my machine (because I have no idea how long it has been since I sewed with any knit fabrics). So they are far from cheap to make but I know she will be thrilled. I had it happen once before with Fabrics.com - I thought was just looking at cotton fabric and it had cotton knit fabric mixed in. I need to read better and not be excited by the print on the fabric.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
How funny - I was looking for Nightmare Before Christmas fabric to make some masks and other things. And so excited I thought I found it at Joann's online. Ordered it, and it was cotton knit. Really nice fabric, but not what I wanted. So decided to use it to make lounge pants for my DD. Had to buy a pattern and needles for my machine (because I have no idea how long it has been since I sewed with any knit fabrics). So they are far from cheap to make but I know she will be thrilled. I had it happen once before with Fabrics.com - I thought was just looking at cotton fabric and it had cotton knit fabric mixed in. I need to read better and not be excited by the print on the fabric.
Did your pattern have side pockets? If it did, would you mind sharing the pattern brand and number?