Question about Craftsy

Old 10-04-2020, 10:29 AM

Default Question about Craftsy

I was signed up for the 45 day free trial on Craftsy and it expires 10/16/2020.

from what I can tell they have my credit card on file from Blueprints orders,

I have not been able to access my previously paid classes, therefore am thinking no sense in continuing with their program.

think I need to call and cancel subscription or they will auto bill my credit card with out authorization. Anyone one have a different spin in this. Any comments would be appreciated.

Judy

Old 10-04-2020, 11:22 AM

My understanding is that all your classes will be available to you once all the bugs are worked out. I don't know if they will be available again to you if you quilt and join again. I would not take a risk where my credit card info is out there. I would quilt lose my classes and start over again. Maybe you will get them back when you re-join.
Old 10-04-2020, 12:28 PM

When you log into Craftsy, select My Account, and from there you should be able to see “card on file” tab, and you should be able to add or remove accordingly. I deleted all my info when they announced they were closing down Blueprint. They said that at some point we will be able to access all of our previously purchased classes but that they are still in transition. We will see what will happen.
Old 10-04-2020, 12:33 PM

Hi Judy. On September 5 Craftsy sent me an email saying that they were working to give me access to my previously purchased classes and they would arrive soon. Now it's a month later and they aren't in my account yet. Hopefully they'll be there soon. I also miss being able to watch classes on my television and hope that they will replace the app. To be honest, I freaked out when this whole thing with Bluprint began, because I have purchased an embarrassingly large number of these own forever classes. I found it infuriating that they said that they were going to give us a way to download them and then the next thing I know, they were excited to announce that someone had bought Craftsy and the classes would be available under that website. I had purchased an external hard drive for my classes, and I really would have preferred to download them, just to be on the safe side. I too, have a membership, and I just went to their website and on the membership page they say that if I have questions regarding my membership, I should call customer service at __________, but they failed to list a number. There is a chat box at the bottom of the screen. And if I click on the "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page, it gives a mailing address and an email address, but no phone number. So those are the options. If I were you, I would try the chat or email and document the correspondence. It is true that they may bill your card anyway, but I believe that if they did, then they would have a legal obligation to refund your money if you can prove you cancelled it. Don't you think so? I hope everything turns out well for you.
Old 10-04-2020, 01:13 PM

Thank you for your hints, I will begin working on contacting them on Monday... I will report what I am told

thanks again.
Judy
Old 10-05-2020, 01:57 PM

I did find a # for Craftsy 877-329-9375

I called but received a recording their hours are 8am- 4:30 pm. must be EST. I am on standard time and it was 2:55 pm. So I will try tomorrow. 👍
Old 10-06-2020, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by judy363905 View Post
I did find a # for Craftsy 877-329-9375

I called but received a recording their hours are 8am- 4:30 pm. must be EST. I am on standard time and it was 2:55 pm. So I will try tomorrow. 👍
So have you been able to get through.
I too, signed up for a free trial and mine ends October 15th. I am not willing to pay for a membership till I see my already purchased classes. They have one week....
Old 10-06-2020, 09:49 AM

I just finished conversation with Craftsy. Very nice lady on Service line. Told her for right I wanted to cancel membership as I have not been able to access my classes or actually anything on platform and that I would check back within 6 months to see if I wanted t join back up. She cancelled my subscription and said that my old classes would be available after 10/16/2020. fingers crossed. Do not the cost of renewal forgot to ask about that.

Judy
Old 10-08-2020, 06:23 AM

Judy, I'm glad you were able to cancel your membership. Thank you for letting us know how it went and for the info about when our forever classes might show up. I love Craftsy and hope that they are successful. I just wish that they would allow us the ability to download our forever classes because I feel concerned that they could still end up being lost forever.