Turissa ultramatic

Old 04-29-2020, 05:32 AM

We like pictures. You will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button,

I would be interested to know why you got a "token error." I know that it says that the size that is accepted is 5MB, however, from my understanding that people who have tried larger than 2MB, can't. What kind of computer are you on? I have opened png files in "Paint" and it has an option to "Save As" in jpg format. I know that is what I use to post pictures on QB.

I found https://store.woodlandquiltworks.com...drives-pulleys that has a few drive pulleys.
I also found https://sewwhatman.wordpress.com/201...-drive-wheels/ that made his own, albeit not for the Turissa.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Old 04-29-2020, 07:53 AM

Janey you wonderful creature. That first link is great for some of us who resurrect oddballs.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:40 AM

Default Turissa Ultramatic Friction Drive Tires

I realize now that the lower one is an internal tire for the bobbin winder. The motor has two bolts that release it and it's easily removed.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TURISSA1.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	984.4 KB
ID:	624597   Click image for larger version

Name:	TURISSA2.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	624598   Click image for larger version

Name:	TURISSA3.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	624599  
Old 04-29-2020, 01:55 PM

What an odd beastie. Thanks for sharing it.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:03 AM

Default Turissa Ultramatic

Originally Posted by Laura51 View Post
I have the Turissa Ultramatic [made in Switz.] that I learned to sew on when I was young. I believe it was made first in 1953. Mine wore out some rubber gaskets and up until then, it was running fine. After being in storage for so long, I took it out and have oiled it hoping to see some progress. My problem is I can't find anywhere to get an old service manual. I wonder if I should try to sell it for parts? I have the cams that go with it.
You are right, you drop the bobbin in the case [which opens by pushing a button and it drops down. You then lay the bobbin case in and shut it. I've never seen another machine other than pictures but it was an excellent machine, heavy-duty and could take on any job. For some reason, I thought it was made by Elna? All I can find is the Turissa name.

Have you decided what to do with your Turissa machine? I am interested in it or in it's accessories. Please let me know what your plans are for it. Mick
Old 07-18-2021, 11:11 AM

Default Mr. Alex

Hi all members of Quilting board. This is my first attempt to communicate with members and my first post. So don't be strict if something is unusual.
I am in Melbourne Australia. I have a beautiful Turissa Ultramatic in nice working order and quite complete but regretfully the needle plate is damaged. Please advise what is the best way to find one. Much appreciated in advance. Thanks. Respect. Regards. Alex.