Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Medical Scrubs >

Medical Scrubs

Medical Scrubs

Old 08-26-2020, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

Scrubs are easy to make. I’ve been making mine since 1987. Simplicity has a good multi sized scrubs pattern.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:09 AM

I am a Retired LPN and enjoyed making scrub tops for holidays. (I purchased coordinating pants.) However. I found the cost to purchase was less than the purchase of fabric. The ones I made were one of a kind and special.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:53 AM

I make my daughter scrub tops for her job too. The patients and the staff love seeing her in those fun novelty prints. She has maybe 20 or so tops. Its funny because she always gets great reactions from the "Avenger" novelty print and a dog print where the same dog is printed wearing different colored sunglasses. I use McCalls 3253 (don't know if still available) and size Small fits her but she wears size L in women's T-shirts - it is a unisex pattern. Also, my husband took one of my cutting mats (that had worn out) and made a template of the front top pattern piece, drilling holes in template so that pocket line up is so much easier to transfer to fabric. Great idea husband of mine! Also I stitch a vertical line on each of the three pockets - she really needed that on her scrubs. Except for the top stitching, and a bit of stitching on the side seams, the entire garment is made on my serger. It goes together quickly. We live in CA and she lives in WA so opening up care packages with fun scrub tops always seems to make her day!
Old 10-29-2020, 03:59 PM

Landau sucks! Avoid them at all costs! I recommend the Greys Anatomy scrubs as well, they have tons of styles to fit lots of shapes and sizes. Pants with the knit or maternity type bands are way better than the tie ones that you have to keep retying.

Figs are also nice scrubs but ridiculously overpriced.
Old 10-29-2020, 04:14 PM

Spending many years in the dental field I have worn many scrubs as they have evolved. My favorite by far are my most recent variety, absolutely the most comfortable, wrinkle free, stretch 4 ways. no shrinkage. I prefer Sketchers or the Dickie brands. The pants are almost like Yoga pants.
Old 10-29-2020, 04:58 PM

be sure to check to make sure there is not a required color for her to wear. Sometimes schools and hospitals color code so that it's clear who is doing what.