Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Re-painting Featherweight machine >

Re-painting Featherweight machine

Re-painting Featherweight machine

Old 11-10-2020, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Onetomatoplant View Post
I just googled and found these guys. http://www.featherweightsincolor.com/faq.html

I love the painted featherweights. I’ve seen some great colors.

I had them do one for me years ago and absolutely love the quality of the workmanship. For $500-$700 it was well worth it. When I was talking to them about the color purple I wanted, he said, you want the 70's 'Cuda purple. He hit the nail on the head - knew exactly what I was talking about.

I am now debating on having others painted.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:10 PM

Thank you, Ronie. Its always good to have a recommendation from someone who has used them.

I want to have one painted the same color my 66 Mustang that I show is painted. I have the paint code so getting the right color wouldn't be a problem. Now I just need to find another featherweight that I want to paint. My black one is too nice and the white one is, well, white! So I don't want to paint it.
Old 11-10-2020, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
Thank you, Ronie. Its always good to have a recommendation from someone who has used them.

I want to have one painted the same color my 66 Mustang that I show is painted. I have the paint code so getting the right color wouldn't be a problem. Now I just need to find another featherweight that I want to paint. My black one is too nice and the white one is, well, white! So I don't want to paint it.
Looks like you need to pick up another one then! ;-) I'm afraid to even look at more machines for fear I will succumb to the need to bring it home and clean it! How rare is a white featherweight? I've never seen one.
Old 11-10-2020, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshirepat View Post
Looks like you need to pick up another one then! ;-) I'm afraid to even look at more machines for fear I will succumb to the need to bring it home and clean it! How rare is a white featherweight? I've never seen one.
I saw one at Quilt Festival and instantly wanted one. If you aren't worried about how much you pay, they are fairly easy to find but often pricey. I, on the other hand, am a bit cheap and didn't want to spend $700 on one. I looked for a little over a year on Estatesales.net to find one. I found one in the case at a sale less than 10 miles from my house. I showed up at dark thirty for the sale and was glad I did. The machine I bought was only $50 in the case. It wasn't working but I did get to test it to see that the motor would run so I figured it was probably something not too complicated like cleaning/oiling. It turned out it was clean as anything and just needed a good oiling to get it moving. I didn't even have to adjust anything. It sews like a dream. I made my husband a quilt on it last Christmas.
Old 11-10-2020, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by RonieM View Post
I you want the 70's 'Cuda purple..
Plum Crazy is what Mopar called it.
Old 11-10-2020, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by leonf View Post
Plum Crazy is what Mopar called it.
Thank you, Leon. I just asked my husband and he said it was called "Plum Crazy"