Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Cost of a refurbished featherweight >

Cost of a refurbished featherweight

Cost of a refurbished featherweight

Old 11-22-2020, 09:33 AM

Default Cost of a refurbished featherweight

Hello,
I am curious as to the selling price of a completely overhauled featherweight 201. I saw some astounding prices listed on “The Featherweight Shop” website. They are listed as sold. I am having mine completely overhauled now so am interested in finding out its worth.

Thank You!
Old 11-22-2020, 10:05 AM

I'll assume you mean 221 not 201. Sold listings on Ebay and Shopgoodwill will probably give you a very good idea of what they're going for. Seems like $300-$500 shipped is the current range depending on condition and what's included.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:35 AM

"Completely overhauled" varies greatly. Some folks may oil and polish the outside and use that label. To do it right takes serious time and costs serious money..Ones in my neck of the woods that need attention are wearing prices like socoso has mentioned.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:42 AM

Location does matter.

I'd guess in my Seattle area that the "average" price for a working machine is probably minimum $350-550, and I've seen collectibles go for much much higher.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:54 PM
Power Poster

In good working order, $200 to $500. If it has been repainted, considerately more if it was done by a professional.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:47 AM

The ones I have seen listed on the featherweight Shop's website start at $800.00 and go up from there. Thats why I'm asking. What makes them different? I know they have been

141 RESULTS FOR "221 "COMPLETELY SERVICED, CLEANED, POLISHED, ELECTRICALLY INSPECTED, TIMED, TUNED AND SAMPLED""

Here's an example:

Singer Featherweight 221 Sewing Machine, AK993***

Regular price$1,095.00Sold out

Old 11-23-2020, 10:19 AM

Featherweight shop has a great reputation. If I were to sell a working featherweight it would be as is . by an amateur tinkerer/
I'm certain their standards are higher than mine. If you want a flawless machine or very nice one, Their prices make sense to me.

Old 11-24-2020, 09:08 AM

That's what I think too, I love their website and purchase from them often. I am trying to figure the value of my personal featherweight as it too is being completely overhauled by a certified technician. I also am thinking about finding an old featherweight to overhaul myself and possibly paint it. They have a series on their website showing someone doing that. Interesting.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:12 AM

For someone that is looking for a FW in perfect working condition and not mechanically inclined, then the FWShop is fair in their prices in my opinion. Would i pay that much?.....not a chance...but they are worth it