Do you have a Kenmore 340?

Old 11-30-2020, 05:42 PM

Default Do you have a Kenmore 340?

If so, can you please post a picture of it? I've heard they were made by Necchi...
Old 11-30-2020, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by themadpatter View Post
If so, can you please post a picture of it? I've heard they were made by Necchi...

I don't have a Kenmore Sensor Sew made by Necchi. I do have a Necchi Logica, but don't have any pictures that I can find. Joe Miller had Sensor Sew 100 that he wrote about at Warning: Not Vintage, but the Weird Machine has arrived. As indicated it is a 340.1991180. Sears also had another machine by Necchi.but I can't find its number.

Sears contracted with various manufactures over the years. There is a what I believe to be a fairly comprehensive list that has been compiled at http://www.doubleveil.net/zssmp/resources.htm in the section titled "Sears Sewing Machine listing of Years" that shows the manufacturers of various Sears/Kenmore machines. Additionally, Sears also has another Sensor Sew that was made by Janome.- 385.19502. There is a picture of three of the Sensor Sews at http://thinmansewing.blogspot.com/20...hi-logica.html with the two on the right being made by Necchi.

From my understanding, Necchi designed it but could not afford? to produce it at the time. Necchi made an agreement with Sears to make it and put Kenmore on the machines. Necchi later produced it and sold it under its own name. According to a blurb I read in a Necchi group, the company that had the distributorship for Necchi in America sued Sears and Necchi.and won. Sears had to send all their machines to Allyn International and Necchi had to send what was needed to properly label the machines as Necchi.

Actually, there were two Kenmore machines made by Necchi (Sensor Sew 70 & 100) and two with the Necchi (Logica 591 & 592) name;. Someone, somewhere has all four, but I don't know who.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 11-30-2020, 11:14 PM

Thanks, Janey! I completely forgot about the Sensor Sew/ Logica doppelgangers when I read about a Kenmore made by Necchi. Thanks for all the resources. you're the best!