Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter 2020/2021 Winter Mystery: Grassy Creek >

Bonnie Hunter 2020/2021 Winter Mystery: Grassy Creek

Bonnie Hunter 2020/2021 Winter Mystery: Grassy Creek

Old 12-17-2020, 11:58 AM

I love your greens, auntjo. And congratulations on your beach house (that just sounds sublime to me).

I'm feeling happy. We get a new clue tomorrow (does anyone else anticipate a gray clue?), I have my leader/ender pieces all set, and my clue 3 fabrics all pressed. Hoping to whip through clue 3 today.

Old 12-17-2020, 03:00 PM

Aunt Joyce-your colors are so pretty! And a beach house....swoon! 😎
I am hoping greys are included in step 4...I ordered 3 new grey batiks, and I am very happy with them...anxious to use them!
Grandsons were here all week for remote learning. Dad picked them up this evening. Feet up, glass of wine in one hand, Christmas cookie in the other. Please don’t judge! Ha.
Old 12-17-2020, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by jillmc View Post
Aunt Joyce-your colors are so pretty! And a beach house....swoon! 😎
I am hoping greys are included in step 4...I ordered 3 new grey batiks, and I am very happy with them...anxious to use them!
Grandsons were here all week for remote learning. Dad picked them up this evening. Feet up, glass of wine in one hand, Christmas cookie in the other. Please don’t judge! Ha.
Where's the "Like" button...
Old 12-17-2020, 08:13 PM

Hey guys! I made it through the week alone with the nugget, although it was touch and go for a few nights! (She's not a fan of a change in routine and Dad being gone really threw her). I managed to make it through all of Clue 3 in Bonnie's colors last weekend, and prepped my hand dyed blocks (I had all the Bourdeaux/white hst pressed and all the wings cut).
Tonight I managed to attach the wings to 40% of my blocks. I'm trying to cling to math right now because I need a sane, logical way to look at it. Technically, when I take in account that each block has 3 seams and the red/white seam is done, that means I actually have 60% completed! But if I take into account that I'm making 2 quilts, then I jump up to being 80% done! Thats not bad, right? 🤪
Old 12-18-2020, 07:01 AM

Clue 4 is up!

https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2020...part-four.html

That looks very pretty completed!

I'm going to continue working on clue 3, as clue 4 is an extension of that.

Something I didn't realize -- there will be no clue next Friday. The next clue will be posted on Saturday, Dec. 26.
Old 12-18-2020, 01:51 PM

Thanks, joesmom...I thoroughly cleaned my sewing room after my latest project...smells fresh and clean...I love wood floors, cut up the scraps and put out balance away...Grassy Creek is back on my project table....anywhoooo...going to be cutting these tonight... those units look really pretty..
Old 12-18-2020, 04:43 PM

I’m off and running... cutting really accurate on this clue is key.....and remembering to flip 1/2 to mirror so you have color placement for wings correctly.....jus saying...lol..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	521DC2B0-91C8-489A-AD25-75E77F6A606A.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	489.6 KB
ID:	630392  
Old 12-18-2020, 05:16 PM

Teen: your units are lovely. I have finished one set and had to rip 4 out of the eight seams connecting Week 4 to Week 3. Definitely will take my time to cut and sew accurately on the remaining sets.
Old 12-18-2020, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by SuzSLO View Post
Teen: your units are lovely. I have finished one set and had to rip 4 out of the eight seams connecting Week 4 to Week 3. Definitely will take my time to cut and sew accurately on the remaining sets.
Editing to add that I did sew the seams with week 3 on top, not Week 4 on top as Bonnie showed. That way I could see the point on the Week 3 unit as I stitched over it.
Old 12-18-2020, 06:22 PM

Thanks, Suz.....I am definitely not speed sewing on this clue....just taking my time, too.