Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2021 Quilting Goals >

2021 Quilting Goals

2021 Quilting Goals

Old 12-18-2020, 06:50 AM
Power Poster

I had quite a prolific year making quilts and things for my granddaughter, among others.

I love the lottery goal! LOL I should at least buy a ticket!!

Goals for 2021:
Work on a BOM quilt for said granddaughter. It's mostly applique and I didn't think about it when I signed up. It's from Shabby Fabrics.
Reorganize my sewing room. It's a HOT mess.
Make a half-size BH mystery. The last one came out ugly so I'm doing half this time.
Old 12-18-2020, 11:16 AM

2019 started Dresden plate squares for 2 twin beds. Notice I said started. I still don't have enough squares to start the sashing. My excuse is I've done donation quilts, and binding for others in group.
2021 goals are to finish Dresden quilts, and keep helping with donation quilts.
Old 12-18-2020, 11:37 AM

My goals are the same as for 2020 (and every year, it seems.) Complete more UFOs and try not to start too many more quilts.
Old 12-18-2020, 11:49 AM

Goals for 2021
Downsize: fabric, tools, books, UFO's
Old 12-18-2020, 03:53 PM
Power Poster

I plan to finish one QAYG stripe quilt. Make two more. All large. All are scrappies.

I also would like to make at least 33 quilts for our foster kids in my county. I hope there aren't any bad surprises in 2021 to slow me down.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:58 PM

due to the pandemic I was super prolific this year quiltwise. But my goals are to do quilts for all 3 grandsons to add to their I Spy quilts they have already. I want to put together my first Judy Niemeyer quilt and plan to do at least one JN class to work on another one I have fabric and pattern for. I'm taking some on-line classes at QuiltCon in Feb to learn how to use my EQ8 for designing modern quilt and excited about that. Our family is planning a multi-generational week in Michigan this July and will want to make either a lap quilt or table topper to take to our friends that live up there. I also have a stack of quilts to quilt and at least one of those will go to a regional and our local guild shows too.
Old 12-19-2020, 01:53 AM

This is a really interesting thread!

My goals are essentially trying to finish up UFOs/WIPs and actually start some new stuff...

1. I have 3 tops that will need to be longarmed (sent out) to finish - would like to do as many of these as finances will allow

2. Finish Stars Sampler (UFO, currently a top - needs de-papering, basting, and quilting - I plan to handquilt this one)

3. Finish Pumpkins wallhanging (WIP) - I'm in the process of handquilting this, have it all planned out and it is fairly small, so I feel confident that this is achievable, unless I get interrupted for some reason

4. Finish Penguin Promenade BOM (WIP) - done the blocks, awaiting the setting instructions, will most likely handquilt

5. Progress Sylvia's Wedding Sampler (UFO) - am doing this by hand, have about 1/3 of the blocks done, tend to do a couple of blocks and then put it away for a few months (hence aim to 'progress'...). No rush

6. Start Puffins quilt (been wanting to make this one for years!)

7. Start Reindeer quilt - a kit (unusual for me) only just acquired. Would be great to get it done for next Christmas, but no pressure

8. Do more quilting!!

Have a great holiday season everyone - and here's to a happy, healthy, productive 2021!
Old 12-19-2020, 03:21 AM

Start a Christmas quilt for next year using my Christmas fabric stash.
Use the Christmas Table Runner kit I bought 2 yrs. ago.
Go through my Quilting books that I never use and donate them.
Practice my free-motion quilting more often.
Declutter my sewing space.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:32 AM

My goal is to go thru all of my fabrics and organize and make a donation of fabrics I no longer want or need. Then I would like to make a crazy quilt and a few other quilts that I have patterns for and have wanted to make them for a couple of years. AND-oh yes-finish up some UFO's. Gosh, I am tired just writing about my goals!!
Old 12-19-2020, 07:07 AM

My goal is to learn to use rulers with my long arm. I like Quilter's Apothocary rulers with the handles because they are easier to hold them with my arthritis. I want to finish a few more UFO's. I finished several of my own in 2020 but I have some that were my mom's UFO's and I want to make them and take them to her in assisted living.

The list of things I have to do this year is growing. I have 2 graduation quilts to make and also a prom dress made from the fabric my granddaughter has chosen. Another granddaughter is getting married so i have alterations for a wedding dress and 5 bridesmaid dresses. Good thing I am retired and can sew all day if I want to. LOL

Last edited by maryb119; 12-19-2020 at 07:12 AM.