What is this?

Old 12-24-2020, 09:37 AM

Most boat owners with older boats have dealt with mildew at one time or another. It'll penetrate into vinyl and stain it and also on single stage paint (with no clear coat). Rubbing compound may work if it's just on top of the surface, but if it's deep into the paint that you'll be removing a lot of paint to remove the mold/mildew. The only product that I have found that is highly affective is called Marine 31. Just spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes and then watch mildew disappear. Try to get the "non-gel" version if you can find it which is a lot more affective. I've never had a bad reaction with it before but it's a good idea to try it on a test spot first.
Old 12-25-2020, 06:15 AM

Smile Getting off mold

Originally Posted by Quilterman View Post
" Krud Kutter" from the hardware store or just 409 should get most of it off. Just don't use it on machines with decals.
Then get a plastic windshield polish for motorcycles, etc and just polish the rest off. I clean them up way worse than
this one all the time. You can polish out most light staining with windshield or a fine car polish.
Bkay
I have used Mother Mag and Chrome polish on that era of machine it work very well for me.
Might want to test an area first to make sure it is safe though.
Old 08-25-2021, 03:18 PM
Power Poster

Glad you didn't buy it. It looks like the beginnings of rust up under the paint.