Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tables for sit down quilting >

Tables for sit down quilting

Tables for sit down quilting

Old 01-01-2021, 06:37 AM

I have the Q20 set into the Koala table. The sides extend so the total width is 80 inches (I think it’s 80 if my memory is correct!). In my opinion, this should be big enough to handle really big quilts. As I work with a larger quilt, I fold the edges of the quilt in or scrunch it up so it’s easier to push around under thd needle. Congrats on your Q20- I hope you’ll enjoy your machine as much as I enjoy mine!
Old 01-01-2021, 07:20 AM

Awesome, thank you!
Old 01-01-2021, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

I believe Laura at sewveryeasy on YouTube may have a video on setting hers up and using it.
Old 01-01-2021, 04:43 PM
Power Poster

I have a sewing cabinet I bought at Walmart years ago. I set up a 2x4' folding table to my left to hold the quilt. Work great for me and pretty cheap too.
Old 01-02-2021, 09:04 PM

Thanks everyone! I’ll take the folding table and improvise with one or more of the solutions y’all suggested!! Can’t wait to get my machine 😻
Old 01-03-2021, 12:47 PM

I sew on a HQ Sweet 16 sit down. To my left is a Horn Quilter's dream sewing table in which I usually keep the sewing machine part down. It comes with a cover to make a flat table when not using a machine in it. For a long time I used a standard card table and it worked perfect except it wasn't 'slippery'. So we found an Amish craftsman to make me a cabinet to fit the exact dimensions needed to fill the space I had available. Now my only problem is the front of the table with my quilt in my lap.

A HQ tutorial video quote always comes to mind when I am quilting. It is this: "Let your table do it's job! It's job is to hold the quilt". I often then turn my quilt so the table is holding the quilt, not my lap. We get on so much better then!

Good luck!