Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -  Flurries 3 month Group >

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Old 01-03-2021, 08:19 AM

I have been going through my stash, so far donated 4 garbage bags of yardage but didn’t know what to do with my scraps. My sister use to take them but she is also downsizing. Placed a little blurb in our neighborhood online market asking if there were any quilters wanting a box of scraps and posted a picture. Within an hour I had a response, she is thrilled and so am I.

Have to say I am not to pleased with myself on all the unfinished projects I came across. That will be my goal this year. Even with moving I want to finish at least one old project a month. Donating even some of them.
Old 01-03-2021, 05:02 PM
Power Poster

Good for you, Terri! That's an admiral goal for a quilter.

I have so much yardage to use, but keep going back to my scraps! They have this magnetic pull on me. I love scrap quilting and quilts.

You might like the UFO thread. They will encourage you to get those UFOs done!
Old 01-04-2021, 04:08 AM

I'm with you Terri, when I moved last year I set a goal that I'd have way less to move when I retire in 7 years, so I'm also trying to work on completing UFO's. But I also feel the pull of the scraps and I may have to find someone that wants them. I do love scrap quilting, but find it gets overwhelming at times and I want to use up the scraps instead of complete something else. It would be nice to rehome them all and start fresh. I know I'll have more scraps in next to no time!
Old 01-04-2021, 06:32 AM

Good morning, all. Blocks are at the post office already this morning and hopefully will be on the move shortly. Woo hoo!

Terriamn and Macybaby, I've been clearing out the tiniest scraps and a few old projects that I know I'm never going to finish. Now I wonder why I ever chose them in the first place. Throwing out small scraps was very difficult but I'd kept ones that were too small for my Wild and Goosey blocks and that's pretty darn small. They're all gone now and I feel relieved!
Old 01-04-2021, 08:52 AM

[QUOTE=Janice McC;8449582]Good morning, all. Blocks are at the post office already this morning and hopefully will be on the move shortly. Woo hoo!

Thanks, Janice! Looking forward to getting the blocks and creating my quilt top!
Old 01-05-2021, 07:27 AM

Christmas was beautiful – we had carried my mom out and sat her up on the couch. She ws coherent and all smiles. She enjoyed her coffee and a few bites of food, she loved that the 6yo read the bible she gave her – and that she had memorized the Lords Prayer. That night we four generations were around her saying it together. At about 4am on the 26th curled up in her favorite quilt I made her, she went to be with her parents and her still-born son. Oh what a joyous reunion that must have been.
DD and family stayed another week and we laughed and cried and continued on. We got to enjoy our New Years Thanksgiving Dinner since we don’t see each other in November. Still have turkey to freeze!
And now it is a new year. We certainly can’t plan much – a few trips to NY to empty mom’s house and sell it – and to hopefully have a memorial service for her – but that is about it. Of course don’t feel like doing anything – and that includes sewing.
I went and took antibody test and found out I did have Covid which means mom and DH did also, and we are awaiting DH covid test. If he is negative we will head to Quartzite for a few weeks to camp out in the desert with friends and “RV family”.
Note – DD family was sick last February and believe they had covid then. None are ill from being with all of us so we are praising God! I don’t know what I would have done without their help preparing meals and carrying mom! God is good!
Happy New Year!?!
Old 01-05-2021, 07:49 AM
Power Poster

Very sorry for your loss, TG. I love that your Mom enjoyed Christmas Day so much. What a beautiful way to pass. Thank you for sharing the story. Hugs, prayers and comfort for your family!
Old 01-05-2021, 09:27 AM

TG - I am so sorry for your loss. Christmas is an especially hard time to lose someone, but it sounds as if your Mom enjoyed her family until it was time to go home. I lost my mother on Dec. 23rd, so I dread the holidays now. May you have peace knowing you made her last days happy for her. Big ((((((Hugs)))))) for you and all of your family.
Old 01-05-2021, 10:29 AM

TG, you have my sincere condolences on the loss of your mother. She was blessed to have family with her at the last. Many hugs.
Old 01-05-2021, 10:32 AM

Just checked the packages and they are still marked as waiting to be received. Rest assured I dropped them all off yesterday at 9am. I hope they’ll be in transit soon.