Birthday Swap 2020/2021

Old 01-14-2021, 06:09 AM

I just posted the new thread for the 2021/2022 Birthday Swap. Are you ready for another round of Birthday Candy? PM me and let the list begin to grow. I am excited about putting my toe in the water (Burrrr it is cold here in Michigan) and leading the swap this year. I hope to find you swimming in the pond with me.

Three Cheers for our Queen Bee, Barbara! She has lead this group since 2014! She promised to join us a swapper this year but she deserves a big "swappers celebration" for all the leadership in the past years. Hip Hip Hurrah! Hip Hip Hurrah! Hip Hip Hurrah!
Old 01-14-2021, 09:16 AM

So 2021 is starting off as an absolute disaster! I'm so sorry aborning..... Your candies are going in the mail today... they don't have to far to go so hopefully they get to you quickly! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Old 01-14-2021, 09:55 AM

Happy Birthday Aborning! Enjoy your candies!
Old 01-14-2021, 01:30 PM

Happy birthday, Aborning!!!! Hopefully you are spending the day in a special way and enjoying yourself!
Old 01-14-2021, 02:43 PM

Thanks to you all for the Birthday packages. I was out of town the past couple days so did not get the packages posted.
Here is the complete list of what I have received so far. Looks like I get to look forward to getting a few more yet.
Received in December:
- Patrick's mom
- Darren Jones
- LAF2019
January 4:
- Macy Baby
- djmat
- Mary Pearce
- Irish Mom
- Gaijin
- Lottie Parker
January 5:
- Traveling Gramma
January 8:
- Janice McC
January 11:
- Wendy McDonnell
- LuAnne Mann
- LUM
January 12 & 13:
- WMU Teach
- Barbara Kibler
- Tinas3
- Hav4Boys
January 14:
-Judith Hearne

Here is MN, a storm is brewing, Started to snow an hour ago and we are expected to have 40-50 mph winds expected and
4-6" of snow expected between now and tomorrow at 6pm. I did not have to stay at work for the duration so I am at home in my happy place- -aka my Quilting studio. I am going to work on cutting my charm squares for next year's swap. My goal is to also get them all packaged , too, so they are actually ready to just address and put in the mail each month when the list comes out! My highlight of the day--I got my first covid vaccine today at work. Happy Birthday to me!!
Old 01-14-2021, 04:07 PM

Aborning, Happy Birthday!

Stay warm. You storm will be my storm tomorrow morning. Send your info for next year's swap to me by PM and keep cutting those little squares to be ready for the next round of birthdays!. I hope you day has been delightful.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:20 PM

Happy Birthday Aborning.
enjoy your day and stay warm.
snow storm just means stay home and sew!

Barb
Old 01-16-2021, 04:40 PM

Here is my playing with the January design, though I modified it to have 4 patch in the corners and color along the outer edge. I carried the color scheme into the four patch. This was quite fun sorting the candies and pulling the colors together. i used 15 different beige/offwhite for the sashing. Once this is sewn, I'll decide if I want to add more borders or call it good.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP5274.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	893.9 KB
ID:	631070  
Old 01-16-2021, 05:10 PM

I love your quilt, Macybaby! I spot several of my fabrics too.
Old 01-16-2021, 06:30 PM

MacyBaby, I spent my day making the color 4 X 4 squares today. I just grabbed my big old bag of 2.5s and started putting them in the 16 patches. Got 26 done today and have about 100 total ready for upcoming month's quilts. I still have lots more to use that are from our swaps and what I have cut along the way this year. Goal: Empty my bag of 2.5s. Then I can start working on my 2.5 strips Silly me.