Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Jane Austen Quilt Kit from GreenFairyQuilts?? >

Jane Austen Quilt Kit from GreenFairyQuilts??

Jane Austen Quilt Kit from GreenFairyQuilts??

Old 01-15-2021, 08:25 AM

Default Jane Austen Quilt Kit from GreenFairyQuilts??

Hi all....just wondering if any of you ordered the Jane Austen Kit from Green Fairy Quilts. I've shopped with them for years and love their missionary efforts. I ordered the kit in October and still haven't received it. It was supposed to be delivered in December but here it is in the middle of January. They keep telling me Riley Blake fabrics/kits are still sitting in shipping containers off the California coast. Am I gullible? Anyone know anything about this? I just wondered if any of you had ordered the kit there as well. It is still being offered on the website.....15 available it says. I don't know whether to ask for a refund or stick it out. Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:13 AM
Power Poster

For some reason Riley Blake fabrics do get bottled up at the coast. I had this happen to me with another company over some farm girl fabrics by them. Even though it took way longer than I had thought it would I got them eventually. Green fairy used to spend time here and show and tell her lovely quilting skills. I am assuming she and her company are honest people. But, I don't have dealings with her company.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:17 AM
Power Poster

Kathy, I've ordered many times from Green Fairy and they are wonderful to do business with. I have a feeling it's out of their control. Have you notified them?
Old 01-15-2021, 07:11 PM

Shipping has been a nightmare, and certain areas of the country seem to be worse than others. It's a perfect storm of several factors - Covid wreaking havoc in certain postal hubs taking out some 30-60% of the workforce, supplies taking longer because they're coming from overseas, trucking of supplies taking longer because DOT has switched to follicle testing and fired some 30,000 drivers who failed drug tests in 2020. It's across all industries. My husband and I were looking at a new chair, the salesman told us we could get what they have currently in the warehouse in a day, but if we wanted a different fabric or something other than what was already in stock, it would be at least 8 months before we would get it. My mom bought a refrigerator and she didn't get it for 9 weeks.
Green Fairy Quilts is a reputable, ethical company, I don't think you're getting the shaft in any way. I've run into the same issues with other quilting orders I've placed. I just hum the old song "Anticipation" and tell myself it will be like Christmas in February, or March, or whenever I get it. 🤣

By the way - I ordered a few bolts from Yoko Saito's "Centenary" line fabric back in 2017, via my friend who owns a LQS; she went through her wholesaler. Still waiting for that fabric!

Last edited by Peckish; 01-15-2021 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:13 PM

So. CA is experiencing a huge Covid outbreak right now. My local postal clerk said that USPS packages are at a standstill in SoCA cause of covid--I imagine the same is happening on the docks.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:08 PM

I completely believe the shipping container delay. My son had new hardwood floors installed last fall. The contractor mis-measured, and they were two boxes short. Initially they were told that the shipments were tied up in containers, and it would be months before it arrived. They were faced with waiting months, or choosing another wood/color. Fortunately they found a contractor in the North Dakota who had taken a delivery of the same product for a job, and had enough left to finish my son's job.
Old 01-16-2021, 03:04 AM

Hang in there. I ordered some Jane Austen fabric from the Missouri Star Quilt Co. and it took ages for them to get it in stock and mailed out to me. It was about the same timeline as yours. I just got mine a week or so ago. It's worth the wait.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:25 AM

Yes...I did notify them...as a matter of fact I've probably aggravated poor Clint and Judi....he's the one who told me they were sitting in shipping containers when I didn't get the package in early December as promised. By the end of December I asked again....same answer....middle of January....same answer---it's sitting off the coast. Yet, they still offer new kits each month on their site. That's what was really confusing. I've ordered from them for several years and just love Judi's teaching and quilting skills. I'm not unhappy so much them the company as just being frustrated and wondering why it's Riley Blake fabrics that always seems to be affected the most. Thanks to everyone for their responses. I'll admit I do feel a bit better.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:28 AM

Hey Peckish....thanks for the laugh...are you serious, though? 2017??? That alone may make me stop whining! Thank everyone. Great answers from all of you. And thanks for not asking if I needed some "cheese with my whine!". Thank you, especially, PatriceJ.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:31 AM

Thanks for your answer, SusieQOH....I've actually ordered from you on ebay. .... it's been awhile...used to have you in my Saved Seller list....cut that way back...I'll check out your new listings. Have a blessed day!