Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rotating Cutting Mat >

Rotating Cutting Mat

Rotating Cutting Mat

Old 01-18-2021, 06:47 AM

I have one and I love it. I make scrappies so it works wonderfully for small pieces. Actually, I am now using my second one!
Old 01-18-2021, 06:47 AM

My 1st rotating mat wouldn't take on the bottom section most of the time so I wouldn't use it much. Then at a quilt retreat I saw a round one, mine had been square. It was a Martinelli rotating mat that came with a pressing mat too. I knew anything Martinelli was expensive so decided to keep my eye on their sales. Just my luck, the next week after the retreat Martinelli was having a sale and I scooped up that rotating mat in a hurry. Love, love, love it. PLus its a self-healing mat too. Well made and should last me my lifetime if I take good care of it.
Old 01-18-2021, 06:55 AM
Power Poster

I have the large Martelli Roundabout and it's great. It is sturdy and the mat is martelli quality. It's big enough for a large block to be trimmed. I had the square ones before, they were flimsy and kept coming apart when turned. If you find a sale be sure it is the full set of mat and turntable and sometimes the ironing pad will be included.
Old 01-18-2021, 06:56 AM

I have 3. All different sizes. Love the smallest for keeping in my travel bag. The other 2 are great to grab when trimming blocks next to the machine. The largest doesn't get much use but it is nice to have when trimming larger blocks.
Old 01-18-2021, 01:51 PM

I looked at them closely for my Christmas list...but at the end I could not justify almost $40 when I could achieve the same results with a small matt that I pickup and turn.
The small matt does not replace my regular large cutting matt. That one get the biggest you can find afford and store.
Old 01-19-2021, 04:55 AM

I have the Matilda rotating cutting mat...it's so smooth. When I have to square up clocks it's a god send to me...would hate to be without it.
Old 01-19-2021, 04:58 AM

I have one but don't use it very often but when I do use it-it is nice to have.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:35 AM

I had one a few years ago and it was the most annoying thing in my house (other than the teenagers &#129315. It didn't seem to have a hard enough, flat enough surface to cut completely. I always ended up with skips, and it wasn't the blade. I did as previous posters - purchased a small 6x6 mat and just turn it as needed on my table. It spins very easily.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:48 AM

I have couple. Wore the yellow off of one. Think it was Fisckar's Contacted them and they sent a replacement free of charge. Just had to send a photo to prove the damage.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:48 PM

I have and love the Martelli. Also got one for my sister when they were half price. I'm not sure they have their big half price sales anymore though.