Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tired of this project. Wanna start new. >

Tired of this project. Wanna start new.

Tired of this project. Wanna start new.

Old 01-28-2021, 11:59 AM

I finish one project before I start another . That way I avoid UFOs. If I get bored what I will do is take a day and make string blocks or crumb blocks . When I have enough I make a quilt.
Old 01-28-2021, 03:42 PM

If you are more than 50 percent done, don't worry about making it a UFO.. Think how quickly it will be completed when you get back to it.

That's what tends to happen to me. I pick up a UFO and usually am amazed at how quickly I can finish.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:11 PM
Power Poster

I hear you, Julie! I get bored so I usually have a couple or even a few projects going at once. That way I don't get bored. I don't do many scrap quilts but I have one going with those Creative Grids Scrap Crazy templates. If I just want to sew I sew up those blocks. It's been there for awhile but it's fine. I'll eventually finish it. Sometimes I just want to sew without thinking
Old 01-29-2021, 04:58 AM
Power Poster

I was in the same boat, getting bored with a project. So I picked one day a week to work on another project. I call it my Sunday , whatever day you pick, box. I am more content working on my projects this way. I also have knitting to do when I am tired of the sewing machine. I am thinking of doing 7-day boxes. Would be different each day.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:11 AM

I am the mother of creating UFO's and, that's OK.
I get to them eventually.
I have a list on my wall and mark them off as they get done, add them to the bottom as they get created. I figure I 'm not going anywhere and they won't go bad, so why work on something that isn't giving me joy right now?

Watson
Old 01-29-2021, 10:38 AM

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!~~~~~~Just finished sewing on the last row on this scrappy quilt. Now, lunch, get dressed (maybe) clear off cutting table, and get ready to glue baste at least one quilt if not two. Today just GB top to batting and tomorrow finish making the sandwich. WHEW~~~~
Old 01-29-2021, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
I am the mother of creating UFO's and, that's OK.
I get to them eventually.
I have a list on my wall and mark them off as they get done, add them to the bottom as they get created. I figure I 'm not going anywhere and they won't go bad, so why work on something that isn't giving me joy right now?

Watson
Like your list idea, so am going to tweek it. Write each project on a note and pin to design wall. On the note write any pertinent info + date stuck on wall. At one time I had a special board divided into 3 catagories; in progress, waiting and finished. This way I didn't have to wonder what needed to be done, the note was in view at all times so the project could be filed and finished gave me satisfaction I was making progress. Maybe put on note some reminder of what the project looks like (pieces of fabric, photo, pattern, etc.).
Old 01-30-2021, 04:02 AM

I needed a break from current "big" project of bear paws. So whipped up a baby quilt for my pregnant cousin in 2 nights. Not gonna lie. I felt pretty boss.
Old 01-30-2021, 05:16 AM

I always have multiple projects going at once. When one project gets boring, I can move to another machine and another project. Of course, this means my studio often looks like a fabric and thread explosion happened in there . I also don't mind putting some projects away to save for later, which is why I will always have UFOs. The UFO thread is great for helping me keep them to a manageable number so I don’t overwhelm my storage space.

Rob
Old 01-30-2021, 05:17 AM

I too give birth frequently to many UFO's. When that happens I cut out my next quilt that I just have to do. Then I go back to the UFO's. It's like I can't wait to cut the fabric for each quilt I want to make.