Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do you choose new project? >

How do you choose new project?

How do you choose new project?

Old 01-30-2021, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

I'm never at a loss for ideas. I get a lot of them right here and the few bloggers I follow. Right now I'm working on one from a blogger that is mainly reds and pinks- I don't work with red much and I'm having fun with it. I have nobody in mind for this one. Maybe me?
Since I cleaned my sewing room I've finished several projects that never got done. Probably b/c I couldn't find them!
I also have family still to make for. That's a long list!
Old 01-30-2021, 07:11 AM
DJ

I have a hobby of picking out fabric to coordinate into a quilt (off the sales tables) usually with no idea of the quilt I would make with it. This year I’m planning to use a couple of my collections for some BOMs. Let someone else tell me what to do with them. LOL
Old 01-30-2021, 07:56 AM

I never seem to have a problem with what project to start making. I always have tons of ideas in my head but as my grandchildren grow, I make quilts for them as they grow into teenagers and then college and adulthood. Good luck to you on your decision of your next quilt.
Old 01-30-2021, 08:06 AM

I'm never out of ideas. I have 6-3 ring binders with patterns, and books galore. Just get waylaid with things that have to be done before I can sew. I have this DH that likes to eat . He will sometimes fix a lunch, but he won't grill like some men like to do, but he does the laundry. If I say I'm going to sew today, he knows it means we go out to eat . I keep him because he has put up with me for all these yrs..
Old 01-30-2021, 08:09 AM

I have done this so many times in my quilting years that I can't count them any more. HST's are the best starting point for most quilts. One of my favorite quilts for HST's is the Depression Quilt Blocks they make a great quilt and I have made many of them. Nice and scrappy. Here is the link https://www.quilterscache.com/D/DepressionBlock.html .
Right now I am working on quilts using my Accuquilt system and the many dies I have not used yet. So the next one will be a pineapple quilt. I made a Pineapple Quilt about 25 years ago so this will be a good challenge for me to try this time around. I have enough to keep me busy for a couple years as I see it.
You are on the right track with the HST's I am sure you will come up with something good to share here in the near future.
Old 01-30-2021, 06:27 PM

I like the depression block and forgot about that. julie, just watch some quilting videos and you will get loads of ideas.
Old 01-30-2021, 09:08 PM
Power Poster

I have a terrible time deciding what to make next, because there is so much to choose from. Starting one thing means not starting something else. Help!
Old 01-31-2021, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I have a terrible time deciding what to make next, because there is so much to choose from. Starting one thing means not starting something else. Help!
That ‘s why I have WIPs and UFOs- instead of choosing just one, I sometimes start two or three at the same time !

Rob
Old 01-31-2021, 04:14 AM

That's it. I have plenty of ideas, too many in fact. loll
Old 01-31-2021, 08:23 AM

google pictures of quilts and you will see a ton. Usually you can see something that catches your eye and clicking on it will lead you to the pattern