Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2021 >

What are we organizing today 2021

What are we organizing today 2021

Old 01-31-2021, 09:14 PM

Ladies I only use my little tank vacuum cleaner for the sewing machines I have rechargeable dyson for the floor it sure is a lifesaver to clean all that lint out n I find that all the jelly rolls that r pinked edges r responsible for 90 % of the lint
Old 02-01-2021, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by amyjo View Post
Ladies I only use my little tank vacuum cleaner for the sewing machines I have rechargeable dyson for the floor
Yes Amyjo, that’s what I took from your original post. I have been wanting a tiny vacuum for my machines to get in and clean a little more thoroughly than using pipe cleaners.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:25 AM

Boy I can really make a mess when I pull fab for a project. Using jelly rolls to make a gazillion HST and I have WRONG strips on my cutting table as well as partial strips. I need half a gazillion to finish this top so think I'll sew until I have to go to the eye doctor.

I have tiny vacuum cleaner attachments somewhere. DH uses it for his coffee maker. Have to ask him where he's hiding it!
Old 02-01-2021, 08:21 AM

I have tiny vacuum cleaner attachments too but they don’t fit my vacuum cleaner. However, I haven’t checked with my newer vacuum. Another to-do project on my list. 🙂

My February goals:

1. Sewing area: Cut specific red scraps into strips; go through the scraps in the small basket by my cutting spot, and put away all fabrics used or auditioned for recent projects.

2. Continue with 2 hours per week (broken into smaller segments over the week) in my office going through physical pictures (versus digital) but the end is in sight.

3. One hour per week in my extra bedroom. My current list should be done before the end of the month. Fingers crossed.

Have a great February!
Old 02-01-2021, 12:09 PM

I bought these peg board pegs off of Amazon...they angle upwards so the thread doesn't fall off. They come in packs of 100 and I need to buy another pack!
Before and afters. Hmmm pics didn't show..Will try again.
Watson
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	631398   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	631399   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0011_picnik.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	609.5 KB
ID:	631400  

Last edited by Watson; 02-01-2021 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:26 PM

Watson: Nice pegboard setup for your threads.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:30 PM

Crossing fingers, Connie... good luck!

Warson...looks fabulous! Well done!

I shredded today...or I should say, Hubbie shredded what I gave him. So, 2020 stuff I deemed destroyable has been destroyed. Taxes mailed off to tax preparer and files cleared for 2021. Back to sewing room....yippee..
Old 02-01-2021, 08:00 PM
Power Poster

What great plans folks! Wish I had the wall space for thread peg board...looks wonderful.

Need to get my tax appt made and then get bookwork ready. It will be much easier this year as the farm transitions to the next generation.

This weekend brought 2 bags of t shirts home for HS seniors. Soaking a white wrestling t-shirt hoping to get it a bit whiter...Oxi clean to the rescue. Now to work on layouts for 2 more quilts. Want them to be all different as the color scheme is red/black/gray and white. The boy/girl friends are tickled that I am going to make something from their shirts...all three have been active in sports so lots of shirts to pick from.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:41 PM

Almost done with jelly roll quilt so it's a good time to tidy up the sewing table. Sure made a big mess and need to trim up partial rolls into smaller usable size...maybe at a later date. Tired of HSTs. Sewing room is quite a mess so better get off this computer and get to work. When I'm done I'll reward myself with a brownie bite...or two, three, etc,
Old 02-05-2021, 01:24 PM

Ya know those scraps quilters manage to obtain? Well, it's true! They DO multiply when we aren't looking!
I'm running out of containers to store them!
I thought, and I KNOW someone told me, if you keep them in an airtight container, they would not increase. Well, that person lied! These little suckers are creating lots of extra pieces and I mean lots. I'm try to clean this place up so I can practice FM quilting so I can quilt a UFO this weekend.
Worst part? No special grape juice in the house.
Thanks for the rant.