Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Light vs Dark >

Light vs Dark

Light vs Dark

Old 01-29-2021, 10:51 PM

Isn’t amazing how changing fabric colors and placement will make the same pattern look different.
Old 01-30-2021, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Both are so pretty!
How do you get such great pics? Do you use a camera or your phone or what? Mine are too small and sometimes not upright.
Hubs finally hung my quilt hanger in the dining room so I can hang some of my quilts there to take the pics. The wall is painted a neutral for better lighting. I use my camera. These actually have issues with light because I had turned a light on behind me to take the pic. (There's no overhead light in the dining room.)
Old 01-30-2021, 07:04 AM

Wonderful quilts...and both completely different. Congratulations on two UFO finishes. How many more do you have?
Old 01-30-2021, 08:38 AM

Pretty quilts and it is so amazing how different the two quilts are. Beautifully done and how fun to see same pattern in different fabrics.
Old 01-30-2021, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
Wonderful quilts...and both completely different. Congratulations on two UFO finishes. How many more do you have?
Having a shop, I have a lot of flimsies. Get them done enough to serve their purpose then they sit in line at the longarms. You know how they say the plumber has leaky pipes? Well, this longarmer has finally started throwing some of hers on in between customer quilts. That's why lately they have been the smaller ones for the most part. No exaggeration - I'm guessing I still have around 100 to do. A lot of them are table runners, so don't judge me. LOL
Old 01-30-2021, 07:00 PM

Both are very good looking. I guess this goes to show, Maybe you don't like the quilt because of the colors, however, think of the design in as different color way.
Old 01-30-2021, 07:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Just Me... View Post
Hubs finally hung my quilt hanger in the dining room so I can hang some of my quilts there to take the pics. The wall is painted a neutral for better lighting. I use my camera. These actually have issues with light because I had turned a light on behind me to take the pic. (There's no overhead light in the dining room.)
Thank you for the info!
Old 02-01-2021, 01:35 PM

What a difference the fabric choice can make. These are both little beauties and I love that woven look.
Old 02-02-2021, 09:05 AM

Such fine examples of how the same pattern looks with different fabrics and color families. Beautiful.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:45 AM

Thanks all!