Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Minnesota Sewing Machine >

Minnesota Sewing Machine

Minnesota Sewing Machine

Old 02-28-2021, 09:20 AM

Default Minnesota Sewing Machine

Hi, I am Bill Wardzinski from Erie,Pa.
I have a Minnesota Sewing Machine D980494 and would like more information about it
I tried to upload photo's with no luck, i selected attach files and selected 3files but it did not let me do anything with them ?
Old 02-28-2021, 09:54 AM

Welcome. Probably you will need to scroll over and click on "Upload" Also, make sure the files are smaller than 2BM

This is my usual response to how to post pictures is:
We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

There is additional information about Minnesota machines which Sear distributed at http://ismacs.net/sears/sears.html

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 02-28-2021, 10:42 AM

Default pictures of my sewing machine

Thanks for the file attachment instructions, i did not previously maximize the attachment window.

I am attaching 3-photos of my Minnesota Sewing Machine which has a Coffin Cover on it.

I would like to know how to find out how old this is.

It was my Wife's from her grandparents, sadly she passed away last September.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2830.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	751.4 KB
ID:	631979   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2828.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	561.8 KB
ID:	631980   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2827.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	719.5 KB
ID:	631981  
Old 02-28-2021, 12:21 PM

Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan. Your machine is sooo pretty. I know nothing about this model of machine though I have seen many pictures of such a machine. I am sure some of the vintage machine enthusiast here well be able to help you out some. Sorry about your loss. Again welcome to the QB.
Old 02-28-2021, 01:18 PM

Sorry about your loss. That is a very pretty cabinet. You don't see many with the leaf to the edge of the drawers. I personally do not care for the paint job, but it does bring out the details.

I think that it is probably is from the very early 1900's. There is a very similar machine at Need help identifying Sears Minnesota treadle sewing machine Just the first two posts - as the rest seem to be for different models.

Something a little different about this machine is that in order to remove the work from the machine, one needs to press the spoon shape thing under the tension dial. The manual in the second post of the above link/thread tells about it on page 6 of the pdf. I was just looking at a manual for a Singer 27 which has the same type of release, but it says to use the right thumb, rather than the left thumb to release the tension.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.