UFO Challenge for 2021

Old 03-06-2021, 04:30 PM

Thepolyparrot, like the little hearts idea. I have been hiding a heard in my quilting on all of my quilts for years. Most folks don't know, but I do. Someday they will find their heart and know I cared about them and gave them a bit of my heart.

You are a UFO wild one. Three last month and have more planned for March. Move to the head of the class. I just hope for one a month.
Old 03-06-2021, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I have been hiding a heard in my quilting on all of my quilts for years. Most folks don't know, but I do. Someday they will find their heart and know I cared about them and gave them a bit of my heart.
That is a WONDERFUL idea!

I only did it with this one because there have been some uneasy times between us - the whole quilt was to let her to know that I still love her, but I'm going to follow your example and hide at least one heart on every quilt I make, now. Thank you!
Old 03-06-2021, 06:24 PM

Elizabeth: Congratulations on your finishes! What a weight off your mind that your sister’s are finished. Love the hearts for her.

oksewglad: Wow to your 4 finishes! Yes we are on opposite ends of the quilt making process. ❤️ However, I am attending some of the Tuesday morning work times and have been involved in getting the sheet backings the correct size and cutting batting lengths. Expanding my horizons for the group. Just don’t ask me to use the very old industrial machine! We do not get along! Lol!

Dedemac: I’m happy your new foot works well.

WMUTeach: The heart is such a sweet idea.

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 03-06-2021 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-06-2021, 06:37 PM

thepolyparrot, your quilts are beautiful!
Old 03-06-2021, 07:30 PM

Thepolyparrot....all wonderful finishes. That table topper rocks! Love the fabric and style of block used..
Old 03-07-2021, 04:31 AM

Polyparrot, I added your quilts to the tally for Jan & Feb. Your finishes revise Jan's count to 23 & Feb's to 25!
OK, I've put your 4 on the count now.
I have one to add, too. Yesterday K & I finally finished my RWB! I'm very excited! My daughter came to visit 2 weeks ago, & since she lives & works in a large metro area with many Covid cases, I self-isolated for a week before going back to sew with K. While home I quilted the RWB, which is 84" X 104" That was a chore. At K's house we trimmed it on her 8" table, cut binding, then sewed it all on. She kept it arranged while I sewed it. I'll have to post pictures from my computer. I'm very pleased with it & I think my SIL, a veteran, will like it.
Old 03-07-2021, 06:12 AM

Default Rwb

Here are some pictures of the RWB. K & her husband are holding it up. I used Donna Jordan's Hopscotch pattern for this top. I made 30 blocks, each is 16" X 20". I used all of my RWB 2.5" squares & all of my RWB fabric in this. I do have some flag fabric left from the back. I started this in 2019 I think, using the squares as leader-enders. Apparently I had a zillion of these RWB squares & I just kept making 4P. I then combined these into 16P, added the star points, and wanted a bit more on the blocks. So DJ's pattern was perfect for that little bit more. I used the 5 blocks on the back or this quilt would have been way too big to handle. K is waiting on an embroidery machine she ordered, which we plan to use to make a label for my son-in-law. He served in the navy & marines in the 80's so I wanted to honor his service.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RWBbacksmall.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	408.1 KB
ID:	632116   Click image for larger version

Name:	RWB2 (2)small.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	475.7 KB
ID:	632117  
Old 03-07-2021, 07:03 AM
Power Poster

A wonderful quilt...lots of squares utilized! Your SIL will appreciate it.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:35 AM

Conchalea, that is gorgeous!
Old 03-07-2021, 10:40 AM

That’s gorgeous, Conchalea, congratulations on finishing it!

Rob