2021 Fabric Moratorium

Old 03-08-2021, 03:00 PM

Since I finished my RWB last week, K & I needed another project. We have many strings & string blocks & found some interesting patterns online. We've decided to make wheelchair lap blankets for our town's nursing home. K called them today to see if they want them, & how many they need. Yes, they do want them, so we have an outlet for our projects! The number of wheelchair bound residents amazed us. 11 men & 24 women. Keep in mind this is a tiny community in a county with about 18,000 total residents. We don't have the only nursing home in our county. We didn't ask how many people in total live there. We need to get busy making string quilts.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:56 PM

Worthy endeavor, Conchalea!! They will so appreciate and make use of those. String quilts come together quickly and perfect pattern for this...have fun..
Old 03-09-2021, 04:58 AM

I received an email from Moda showing off their new fabric line Freya and I fell in love! Flash forward, two days later Green Fairy Quilts offered a sale on all FQ bundles including this new collection...I just couldn’t resist. (Sigh)
Old 03-09-2021, 07:41 AM

Hey all, I just posted a pic of my February Color Block quilt in the pics section:
February Color block quilt

It's all from scraps except for the backing which was yardage, but all came from my stash- Yay!

Take a look if you get a chance.
Thanks,
Rob
Old 03-09-2021, 08:39 AM

Conchalea, what a great project!

Rob, your quilt looks great and the quilting is wonderful. I signed up to download the color block patterns, but I've found the website kind of confusing.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:45 AM

Joe's Mom- Thanks. The patterns are on the left side of the screen when you sign in. In order to download the patterns, you have to click on the pattern on the left side of the screen, that will bring up the pattern on the right, then you need to go all the way to the bottom of the pattern and click on the link that says download, otherwise it will download what you see on the screen and when you go to print you'll end up with the stuff on the left instead of just the pattern. Hope that helps.

Rob
Old 03-09-2021, 11:26 AM

looks modern. nice
Old 03-09-2021, 06:12 PM

Conchalea: An awesome project! I look forward to pictures as K and you finish each pattern.

jmoore: I saw that fabric line on GeDesigns Tipsy Tuesday tonight. 🙂. Pretty!

Rob: Absolutely beautiful! Your quilting is wonderful.

joe’smom: The Color Blocks patterns are fun.

Old 03-09-2021, 09:32 PM

After x years of downsizing, the shelves have some space. So while waiting for a friend, started emptying boxes and putting on the shelves. Found flannel lg enough for a back. So pulled black/white/yellow to match. It's just a little space on the top of the shelves getting emptied but it makes it feel like it fits into the plan, rather than overwhelming the system. Each one feels like I'm getting somewhere.
Old 03-10-2021, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
After x years of downsizing, the shelves have some space. So while waiting for a friend, started emptying boxes and putting on the shelves. Found flannel lg enough for a back. So pulled black/white/yellow to match. It's just a little space on the top of the shelves getting emptied but it makes it feel like it fits into the plan, rather than overwhelming the system. Each one feels like I'm getting somewhere.
Way to go petthefabric! Getting to the point where you can see progress really helps with motivation to keep going. Glad you are getting to feel the rewards from all your hard work.

Rob