Sewing Machine Trolley

Old 03-16-2021, 01:01 PM

Default Sewing Machine Trolley

I recently bought a Bernina 570, and I need to buy a sewing trolley to transport it. The trolley needs to be no bigger than 10x16x24, which is carry on size for air travel. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 03-17-2021, 05:53 AM

Have you measured your machine? I could not find that model at https://www.tuttocases.com/pages/sew...size-chart-1#B The only one that I found that would meet the 10x16x24 criteria would be https://www.tuttocases.com/products/...hine-on-wheels (20"L x 14"H x 10"D) but note the inside dimensions measurement is 18"L x 12"H x 8"D

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 03-17-2021, 06:42 AM

Janey is right. You need to measure your machine to see if it will even fit in a trolley with those outside dimensions. I have 2 tuttos that I used to take my machines to classes, for repair, etc. Tuttos are great for that but do be aware that they have no padding. They are just a soft side case made with thin fabric so there is no protection from the machine. If you are planning to take the machine in the cabin with you, that's a bit different but I'm not sure that you won't have to put it in the overheads.

Last edited by cashs_mom; 03-17-2021 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-17-2021, 07:02 AM

I have looked at the tutto trolleys, my concern is how much protection is it for the machine. I guess wrapping my machine in fabric would be about the best I could do.
Maybe what I really need to do, is just travel with one of my smaller machine and leave my 570 at home.
Thank you ladies for your suggestions
Old 03-17-2021, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Ladywingnut View Post
I have looked at the tutto trolleys, my concern is how much protection is it for the machine. I guess wrapping my machine in fabric would be about the best I could do.
Maybe what I really need to do, is just travel with one of my smaller machine and leave my 570 at home.
Thank you ladies for your suggestions
If you have a smaller machine, I would definitely take it to travel. Besides having to take it on plane, you will have to get it thru the airport, in and out of the car, etc. I would take something smaller that would be easier to tote around and not have to worry about putting it in cargo and getting it damaged. I used to work at the airport in SLC and I can't tell you how many times I saw things fall off of the belt moving them from the ground to the plane. I would never send a sewing machine on a plane in the cargo hold.
Old 03-18-2021, 12:43 PM

Way too big for you, but this is What I use for big events.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	folded church trollwy b.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	632350   Click image for larger version

Name:	church trolley loaded mother earth b.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	632351