Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Flat Fat Stack >

Flat Fat Stack

Flat Fat Stack

Old 04-04-2021, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
I’ll keep my eyes and ears open for reviews but it is an interesting concept. Thank you for sharing.

On a side note Willferg, My son and DIL live in Vacaville and told me last night on the phone that you are having some nice spring weather.
I can't complain -- the sun is shining and it's a lovely day!

I think this Flat Fat Stack would be great IF it were a fabric line I really liked; otherwise, I don't think I'd buy.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:24 AM

This sounds very interesting. Will wait and see how it works out
Old 04-05-2021, 04:48 AM

What if you only like a few of the fabrics in the panel? I would rather pick my own fabric choices. Those would be a lot of waste for me. MHO
Old 04-06-2021, 03:36 AM

I've seen it before and I'm not a fan for the same reason as someone else upthread: I can't get yardage in the prints I want.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I have seen this and actually purchased some manufactured by Riley Blake last summer. I'm on the fence about it. I wanted yardage of a certain print but could ONLY get it in quarter yards because it was printed as a FQ. Seems pretty limiting, IMO. You can always cut yardage into FQs, but you can't make FQs into yardage.
I kind of feel the same way. It is cheaper for the manufacturer because they don't have the extra step of cutting into fat quarters, but I often want more than a fat quarter of a fabric.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:57 AM

I would suspect that they are a harder sell for bricks and mortar shops because they don’t show well on a bolt stuffed on a shelf.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:47 AM

That is very clever. It is PERFECT for solids!

I have often wished solids manufacturers would offer charm packs that contain each of the solid colours in their collection so I could make useful swatch cards out of them (the ones that you can get have swatches too small and all attached so are hard to use). New colour releases would be available in charm pack form.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:31 AM

What an interesting idea! I would purchase something like that if it was in one color way. Like a blenders. All one colorway (like reds), but slightly different designs.
Old 04-20-2021, 03:52 AM

There have been periodic releases of this sort of thing. I like it to have different patterns but the same exact dye lots -- no guessing! There was one of release of 30s prints that even tempted me, the non-30s print buyer!

It's funny how these things happen but just after this thread posted and I had nothing to say, I was asked to help with a comfort quilt project and we are going to use this yardage (Color Bars by XX International Fabric 1993 -- I love selvedge information) to grade the sashing from light to dark.

The picture actually shows two different fabrics, I think they had the different color families in both a "hot" and "cool" -- maybe others? It was a long time ago, and yes, it has been waiting all this time for the perfect use. Originally I was going to do some Seminole Piecing with it...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6070.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	747.3 KB
ID:	632937