Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Needle position on Brother cs7000i >

Needle position on Brother cs7000i

Needle position on Brother cs7000i

Old 04-05-2021, 12:46 PM

Default Needle position on Brother cs7000i

Hi,
I am a new quilter with a new Brother machine! I would like to move my needle from a left position to a center default position that is necessary for the walker pressure foot. I called Brother and they said my machine has no stitch memory so this is impossible. After hitting my pressure foot 4 times, I hope someone knows a workaround
Thanks so much!
Lisa
Old 04-05-2021, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by lsbarshak View Post
Hi,
I am a new quilter with a new Brother machine! I would like to move my needle from a left position to a center default position that is necessary for the walker pressure foot. I called Brother and they said my machine has no stitch memory so this is impossible. After hitting my pressure foot 4 times, I hope someone knows a workaround
Thanks so much!
Lisa
ummm....with my machines that do not have the ability to do this or don't have a stitch width safety I can set, or when I put on the single stitch plate. I go low tech and place a sticky note on my machine to remind me. Usually I put it over the stitch selection icons but where ever it will do the most to remind me.

My new Berina 590 "knows" what foot I have on if I use the coded ones and won't even let me choose a stitch that would not work with my current foot. It is smarter than me! However, I do have some uncoded feet I can use and then I have to "tell" the machine what foot I put on it so it knows not to let me do anything stupid.
Old 04-05-2021, 12:58 PM

I'm assuming you've checked your owner's manual already?

Let me see if I understand your question. You want to know how to move the needle to a different position? Or you want to know how to change the default position so when you turn it on, that's where the needle moves automatically?

I also had an entry-level Brother that had the needle position return to default every time I turned on the machine. I just learned to double-check the needle position every time I changed to a different foot. Maybe write yourself a note and stick it on the screen.
Old 04-05-2021, 02:08 PM

Yes, I am using your "low tech" solution. It just seems like a machine with so many types of stitches should have this option, right? Thanks!
Old 04-05-2021, 02:11 PM

I guess that is the way of it. Post-Its! If I find out anything else, I will let you guys know. Thanks!
Old 04-05-2021, 06:01 PM

Does your machine have different stitches?

Usually one button is “left” needle position.

One is a “right” needle position.

One is the “center” position.

Check your manual for the different stitch settings.
Old 04-05-2021, 06:18 PM
Power Poster

Check page 22 if your manual. It tells you how to change the needle position
Old 04-05-2021, 07:32 PM

Thank you all for your great advice! I am looking for a default to center needle position. I have already hit my presser foot 4 times after turning on the machine! I am determined to find some kind of work around, I'll let you know. Thank you!
Old 04-06-2021, 03:17 AM

Select the stitch key first, then put the pressure foot onto the machine.
Old 04-06-2021, 04:13 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lsbarshak View Post
Thank you all for your great advice! I am looking for a default to center needle position. I have already hit my presser foot 4 times after turning on the machine! I am determined to find some kind of work around, I'll let you know. Thank you!
my machine is similar and there is no default. I just reset it. You could take a bite to it to remind you.