Halloween

Old 08-07-2018, 09:45 PM

Minimal decorations here and they don't come out until mid October. A ceramic pumpkin and a small table runner are about it inside. Just a few pumpkins outside. My husband was into Halloween decorating outdoors, but he's gone so I don't do it. Besides, I don't like scary things and I don't like scaring little children. I thought last year's costumes were better - more age appropriate. I think the schools cracking down on scary costumes helped that.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:04 AM

My neighbor hood has a reputation for Halloween events. So much so that there are two. One for the neighborhood kids a week early Then it seems like the whole city comes over. Victorian houses lit up on all levels, light from tress to trees. Mini-plays in the yards. I got invited to carve pumpkins at the house below. The cleaner out their parlor and dining room to set up huge tables and brought out massive numbers of carving tools. Artist live there. Can you tell? Newcomers are told to prepare for 1200-1400 kids. And it happens. Thankfully. I live in a bungalow on a side street and get less than 40 usually.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599167[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]599168[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599169[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HALLoween 20 b.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	599167   Click image for larger version

Name:	halloween 027_crop b.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	599168   Click image for larger version

Name:	hallowwen faces b.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	229.6 KB
ID:	599169  
Old 08-17-2018, 10:18 AM

Oh I just love the Halloween season. I decorate a little for Halloween, with my made Halloween quilts or w/h. (No trick or treaters). I love the fall colors and pumpkins, cooked apples, cooking things in the oven again where it heats up the house, verses having it counter the air conditioner. To me Halloween starts the 4 months of holidays which I love. One thing I do dislike is it starts the temperatures getting cooler and eventually cold. But I love the holidays leading up to January.
Old 08-18-2018, 05:11 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tranum View Post
I like decorating all occasions but hate Halloween. I decorate for Fall and that’ll have to do. I know, I’m a grump.
I don't think you're a grump at all. I don't like Halloween colors ( orange and black). But I love Fall colors so I decorate that way. Maybe we're both grumps
Old 04-18-2021, 12:00 AM

Oh god, here are some nice pics from Halloween. I miss such events as Halloween. For me, Halloween is every day now. Because everyone wears a mask and everyone looks like nurses from Silent Hill. Seriously, I miss people and exciting events we had before the virus. I remember I was at a street party in 2017. It was a crazy party. Everyone was laughing and dancing on the streets. You can check them on the pics here. We couldn't even imagine our life like now. Who knows maybe next year we all be free to walk on the streets or to travel to other countries without any mask.
Old 04-19-2021, 01:19 PM

I adore the fall & winter holidays and Halloween is my favorite! I start watching my spooky/scary/horror movies in October (everything from Garfield Halloween to Ghostbusters to Hocus Pocus to Scream) and we get the yard all decked out. We dress up for the big night and give out tons of candy! The year before Covid we had over 150 trick or treaters! Last Halloween we made big individual candy bags and put them at the end of the driveway on a haunted table, we sat way back at the garage in our costumes and chatted with everyone, it was honestly one of the best Halloweens ever, we might do the haunted table from here on out.

We've built ourselves a reputation over the years and people tell us they make a point to come by our home every year. and yes, I have made several Halloween quilts and have a decent amount of fabric in my stash