Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dishwasher recommendations? >

Dishwasher recommendations?

Dishwasher recommendations?

Old 04-22-2021, 10:19 AM
Power Poster

I have a KitchenAid with short cycle option. About 30 minutes wash, air dry. It has the food grinder so no need to wash before putting in the dishwasher, I never understood why people do that. We hooked it to an instant hot water tank under the sink so it has immediate hot water. I use the pods. I put one in the hot water and it melted completely so I'm not worried about the plastic not dissolving. Check the features you want. Heated dry, air dry, short cycle, pots and pans cycle, food grinder installed, hot water heater in case the water isn't hot enough and most people do not have the water heater set for the dishwasher needed temp. I bought another one just like the one I have. I will have one ready to go if I need it. Didn't cost much on sale and sits in the garage utility room out of the way. The new dishwashers are getting silly.
Old 04-22-2021, 01:37 PM

We had a 4 year old KitchenAid that needed nearly $400 in repairs. Parts were unavailable and the authorized KitchenAid service company provided truly rotten service. I even wrote a couple of letters directly to kitchen aid to complain about the service company. Lots of complaints about the service company online too, but KitchenAid keeps them as the preferred service company. We finally replaced it with a Bosch. I will never purchase another KitchenAid product. So far we have been very happy with the Bosch. It's super quiet (shines a light on the floor so you can tell it's running) and cleans better than the KitchenAid did.

Last edited by BonnieJP; 04-22-2021 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-23-2021, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I have a KitchenAid with short cycle option. About 30 minutes wash, air dry. It has the food grinder so no need to wash before putting in the dishwasher, I never understood why people do that. We hooked it to an instant hot water tank under the sink so it has immediate hot water. I use the pods. I put one in the hot water and it melted completely so I'm not worried about the plastic not dissolving. Check the features you want. Heated dry, air dry, short cycle, pots and pans cycle, food grinder installed, hot water heater in case the water isn't hot enough and most people do not have the water heater set for the dishwasher needed temp. I bought another one just like the one I have. I will have one ready to go if I need it. Didn't cost much on sale and sits in the garage utility room out of the way. The new dishwashers are getting silly.
Our old kenmore had the food grinder. The bosch does not, which surprised me. It has a filter that I have to remove and clean out often. The filter is always really gross and greasy and it's impossible to get all the greasy feeling off of it.
Old 04-23-2021, 04:15 PM
Power Poster

We learned a long time ago if something does a good job and has the features we like buy two. Keep one in storage. I have extra dishwasher and even a fridge we got on clearance like the one we have now that was almost impossible to find in the color I wanted. The price of a new one now will probably be less then a new one later especially when a bargain price. Oh How I wished we had bought three extra of the big agitator top loader washers! Not digital, no lid lock, I set the temp and water level.
Old 04-24-2021, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
We learned a long time ago if something does a good job and has the features we like buy two. Keep one in storage. I have extra dishwasher and even a fridge we got on clearance like the one we have now that was almost impossible to find in the color I wanted. The price of a new one now will probably be less then a new one later especially when a bargain price. Oh How I wished we had bought three extra of the big agitator top loader washers! Not digital, no lid lock, I set the temp and water level.
But by the time you use them the warranty is dead. That's an expensive door stopper if there's a problem, and problems happen. It took 3 tries to get a correctly working fridge when we bought our last one (before our current one) and the problems didn't show up until after a couple weeks of use.
Old 04-24-2021, 09:59 AM
Power Poster

The low price we paid for them we don't care about warranty. LOL They are out of the way in the utility room not used for anything but storing them. . I didn't pay but $75 for the dishwasher on clearance dented box sale at warehouse. I paid $89.99 for the fridge at a later sale. There are bargains out there. I go in and ask to speak to the warehouse manager or show up at the warehouse and just ask. Even went to a food distributor and asked if they sold surplus. Yes they do and at bargain prices. What is not sold is written off as a lose. A chain store doesn't want one case of tomatoes.