Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
There Is Probably A Simple Answer, Help Please >

There Is Probably A Simple Answer, Help Please

There Is Probably A Simple Answer, Help Please

Old 05-02-2021, 11:02 AM

Default There Is Probably A Simple Answer, Help Please

I've been asked to make an I Spy quilt. I really understood MSQ Jenny's tutorial from 2012. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvqP...arQuiltCompany

The pattern is no longer attached to the tutorial outdated. The tutorial is easy enough for me to follow without the pattern. Where it isn't explained in the tutorial nor is in the online purchase pattern is how the jars are off set. I think that each row being off set really visually makes the quilt more interesting to my eye, at least.

The sashing's between the blocks are 2.5". can someone explain to me how to off set the next row, so that every row is not perfectly aligned?. Maybe I'm just too tired right now to break though my brain fog. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-02-2021, 11:18 AM

Well hello again! You always have fun projects.

If you look at the quilt in the background, you will see that each row ends with either a wider or a skinnier block. You always have the same number of spacers, but you either start or end wide, alternating each row.

(edit: You could just sew two pieces of the sashing together, I'd probably cut it the size I wanted without the seam)

I still don't have this quilted down... the bug jar was my first ever internet swap. 1998ish?? goodness...
https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...14-621638.html
Old 05-02-2021, 03:34 PM
Gay

Looking at the quilt in the video, it seems to me that all the blocks are the same size, but there is a double width strip of the background on each row. eg row 1 has it on the left end and row 2 it's on the right side.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:03 AM

Thank you for the suggestions Iceblossom and Gay it's makes sense to me and yes, a simple solution!