Spring! Baby Goats!

Old 05-13-2021, 06:48 PM

I love baby goats.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:59 PM

My dad bought a goat for me and my sister to take care of. Then he got a few more and before we knew it we had babies to take care of. He bought a couple of Nubian goats for their milk so we could drink it. We had to learn to milk them, too.
In about 3 years, we had a small herd of 60 head of all ages. Most of the goats were Spanish goats. Young ones were sold at the auction unless we needed to keep them. A few were butchered for Mom to cook for us. My sister and I had every one of them named and enjoyed playing with them. Now, my sister has a small herd of Boer goats that happened on to my Mother's ranch before she died. We tried our best to find the owners, but no one claimed them. She's had them nearly 20 years now.
Osewme, I agree with everything you wrote about your goats. I experienced almost everything you mentioned, except the tape and feeding them table scraps. Yes, they make wonderful pets. I barely remember, but when I was a preschooler, I played with baby goats and even brought them into the house to play with. Either just before I started school or soon after, Daddy sold (I guess) the goats, anyway, we no longer had them
Old 05-14-2021, 03:29 AM

we have a heard of Boer goats we are kidding now. we have three left to come in they are so cute
Old 05-14-2021, 06:10 AM

Please don't feed table scraps to your goats, they should be fed a mixed feed that is formulated for them. A treat once in awhile is fine but not a steady diet. Sorry but we are very picky about what each species we raise is fed. We have pigs, the goats and chickens - each has their own formulated feed.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:11 AM

We used to go stay with Gramma in the summer and they ALWAYS had goats at their place. I love love love them! There are some newborns right next door to me! I got a new Yorkie puppy and she runs around like a baby goat!
Old 05-14-2021, 10:41 AM
Power Poster

Aww, they are so cute! Thanks for posting this.
Old 05-16-2021, 04:55 AM

Cute! Cute! Cute!