Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Software for long arm  machine >

Software for long arm machine

Software for long arm machine

Old 05-15-2021, 06:42 PM

Smile Software for long arm machine

Ok I have a question. I have a juki miyabi j350qvp. I bought it as a sit down machine but recently bought a stand up frame. Was looking into adding the computer to it. My free hand quilting leaves alot to be desired I'm afraid.
I priced the program from juki and it is way out of my price range right now. I found the same program name, creative touch 5. Will it work on my juki longarm ? Thanks for your help!
Old 05-16-2021, 12:11 AM
Gay

Am not familiar with either machine or computer, but a couple of websites I looked at advertise the ct5 to use on the j350, so I don't see why it wouldn't work. I would suggest getting the CT5 pro if you can afford it, as you will be limited by what you can do, as after a short time you will be wanting to do more, and I don't like having to get upgrades.
Old 05-16-2021, 05:47 AM

hmm- do you already have all the hardware needed to run robotics? When I upgraded my HQ for robotics, I needed to add a rail to the table and get a whole new carriage for the machine to sit on as the free motion one didn't come with any of the drive parts. And the tablet computer to run it all once it was hooked up.
Old 05-16-2021, 09:08 AM

no my frame is not set up for robotics but hubby found a software system that came with the drive components that go in the carriage and he's pretty sure he can work a way to run the belts and stuff to make the robotics work. he's a sort of MacGyver fella lol. makes things nice and saves me money on some things i want but cant afford.
I have not seen any programs that specifically said they worked on the j350 except for the juki one and its $7500 way out of my ball park.
I was looking at the ct5 pro. Id love a new frame instead of this old wood tin lizzie one but got to make do for awhile
.Thanks for your help! Have a great weekend!