Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
It sure pays to speak up and ask.  LOL >

It sure pays to speak up and ask. LOL

It sure pays to speak up and ask. LOL

Old 05-18-2021, 10:04 AM
Power Poster

The art of conversation is declining as more people have their heads buried in the devices.
Old 05-19-2021, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I got several great jobs by talking to strangers. They would say my company is looking for someone and you would be a good fit. You never know what will happen when you start a conversation . I got my long term job with pension by talking to the clerk while paying my electric bill. Just open mouth and let happy words come out..

Funny I'm the same! Every job I ever applied to (well not like it was a lot, it was 4 jobs) I would just chat with the people and they'd hire me on the spot. When I worked in the bookstore I'd have customers tell me they wouldn't come in unless they saw me there because they liked dealing with me. My husband and I went on our first vacation in like 8 years in 2019 (thankfully before the lockdowns!! ha ha! glad we didn't wait another year!) and saw a really cute library and just had to go in to look around. We started chatting with the staff and the director offered my husband a job on the spot after talking with us for only 10mins! Too bad public libraries don't pay as well as the academic ones because it might have been something he thought seriously about! But like I said I talk to everyone. Too much some people might say, but I just love chatting! And like you I do get stuff out of it, not even doing it on purpose.
Old 05-21-2021, 02:47 PM
Power Poster

I do get stuff out of it, not even doing it on purpose.

Exactly!
Old 05-21-2021, 05:36 PM

WOW! That's amazing :-))