Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 05-23-2021, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
I did not ask for the fabric back but if anyone doesn't want to keep those leftover portraits, I won't mind getting them back.
Thanks everyone! I actually have 2 of your president packages, so I'm pretty sure I'll have some leftovers. I'll put a note in your little baggies to remind me.

Old 05-23-2021, 08:24 AM

Well, off I went to the cabin on Friday and left my laptop home (on purpose) but my cell phone at home accidentally.. An enforced communication blackout. What a weird feeling to be totally disconnected from you all. And how much I have missed! Lots of blocks already and lots of fun chatter. Terrific blocks ladies! Woo hoo. I'm working on adding them to the gallery this afternoon. Reminder for our members, whenever possible, please shrink your photos to 200kb or smaller for the sake of loading ease and for my benefit when I move them to the gallery. The gallery will not load well with super large pix. Thanks! Oh, one more thing. As I will move hundreds of photos in this round, I will make a mistake and put them in the wrong place or add the incorrect maker's name. Please don't hesitate to let me know when I've erred. It will happen and I'd rather fix it sooner rather than later.

How wonderful that you will have such an adventure! It all sounds fabulous. Do check in when you get home so we know you made it safely. I hear a Christopher Cross song in my head right now...Sailing...takes me away...
Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
Such an adorable dress Sewbiz.... Oh to have grandkids! Ugh, I'm going to get my fabric and then turn around and leave on a 10 day sailing trip.... I'm guessing I'm not going to get too much sympathy??
Hav, I love all of the blocks you've made. Woozers! I really love the President block. You really made the most of the portraits!
Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Mailman brought the fabric... here is the first block for Nelco. Pink and Paris go hand-in-hand with the Eiffel tower and poodles.
Congrats on your blocks, Kristijoy. You're officially a Boomer now. Lovely blocks! And yes, you may keep the remnants of the f8s as long as the person who owns it hasn't requested it back. MJP is our only person to do so this round. Please feel free to keep or return the others as you see fit.
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
My first one! For hav4boys. It was scary cutting into the special fabric!

Last edited by Janice McC; 05-23-2021 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-23-2021, 09:36 AM

Here's one for me. When I ordered this fabric I knew what I was going to make: my favorite Fisher Price toy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1621791164037.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	633553  
Old 05-23-2021, 09:54 AM

H4B-I love the block. Thank you.
Old 05-23-2021, 12:49 PM

Hav, this block is darling!
Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Here's one for me. When I ordered this fabric I knew what I was going to make: my favorite Fisher Price toy.
Old 05-23-2021, 01:10 PM

Just arrived home and went right to my package. Janice I have 19 packages.

The Spartan fabric is fun for me as I have made lots of sport themed blocks but boy there are a couple of them that have me scratching my head. Good to stir up the old brain.now and then.

Love love all the great blocks so far, H4B your Fisher price telephone is absolutely perfect. Brings back Wonderful memories of my kids and grandkids.

Should be able to check in daily from now on, I enjoy seeing all the blocks as they are posted
Old 05-23-2021, 01:40 PM
Power Poster

Hav, the FP phone is too cute! Loved that toy as a kid and all my babies played with one, too. Great memories.

Welcome home, Teriamn!
Old 05-23-2021, 02:57 PM

Here are my last two for today. They are for AHWU. Hope they are summery enough.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1621810498318.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	633556   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1621810495704.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	633557  
Old 05-23-2021, 03:01 PM
Power Poster

Gorgeous blocks for AHWU, Hav! I think I need to find your paper piecing book!
Old 05-23-2021, 03:22 PM

Have4boys -- I love my block!!! Thank you! I didn't even think about framing my guys so neatly. My guy Jimmy right front and center, too. Thank you!

All the blocks everyone is making have been blowing me away. My grading is almost over. I'm going to be at the sewing machine before too long.