Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 05-26-2021, 11:07 PM

Thank you so much hav4boys for my adorable block.. Everyone is doing so well and I love all the blocks. I hope I can begin tomorrow.
Old 05-27-2021, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Yep I’m lousy at taking pictures too. This block is for Ibex. With her permission I added a quote for each of the four presidents I chose:

JFK if not us who? If not now, when!

Teddy Roosevelt: keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.

Bill Clinton: we all do better when we work together. Our differences do matter, but our common humanity matters more.

ike: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

WOWZA!!! This is beautiful and mindful of the positive sides of their leadership! Thank you! I wonder if they truly felt that way or if they had good script writers....
Old 05-27-2021, 05:31 AM

I just finished the block for Terriamn. I hope you like it. I had fun matching the purples.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Terriamn.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	1,009.7 KB
ID:	633655  
Old 05-27-2021, 07:22 AM

I just completed another block this one for Have4Boys I love the colors in this block all the primary colors with her fabric came out great. Again I am not a photographer.

Name:	Have4Boys1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	703.1 KB
ID:	633657  
Old 05-27-2021, 07:58 AM

Julia, that block is fantastic. Thank you.

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
I just completed another block this one for Have4Boys I love the colors in this block all the primary colors with her fabric came out great. Again I am not a photographer.
Old 05-27-2021, 08:47 AM

I just finished another block for today and am feeling a bit caught up on things now. This one is for JayneW. I hope this is what you had in mind.

Name:	JayneW.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	633658  
Old 05-27-2021, 11:34 AM

Wow, everyone's blocks are amazing! I think this is the best start to a boom EVER! I love what everyone is doing with the President's fabric.

I've been crazy busy with the last week of school and getting ready for my trip. I'm just going to have to be the late blooming zinnia in the group!

Speaking of my trip... craziness. The boat we chartered in the keys was damaged and is not available, there are no other boats. The boat broker scrambled and found us a boat in the Virgin Islands! So, instead of Florida we head to St. Thomas on Sunday. Thank goodness the airlines do not have change fees.

Old 05-27-2021, 11:36 AM

Have4, sorry to hear about your mom. Good for you and your sister for advocating for her. It makes me sad for the people who do not have such help. Hang in there. Sending love.
Old 05-27-2021, 11:37 AM

No sewing for me yesterday. Wednesday evening is our family zoom time.

And I'm starting to get our RV ready for our trip to the Redwoods in 3 weeks. Yippy! When we came home spring of 2020 during lockdown we just unloaded the rig. Usually when we come back from a trip we write notes of things we would want on the next trip, take pictures of where we had things stowed, etc... We did none of that. My husband has been digging around looking where he usually keeps things but he can't find anything. Guess we were a bit stressed out!!

I have one of the presidents blocks almost cut out. I'm hoping to work on that this evening!
Old 05-27-2021, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Wow wow wow what fantastic blocks everyone is making. I am in awe.

Kristie love your block for Sewbiz and how your fabric choices accent the basket of cherries

Julia so sorry to hear do is not doing well, hope this is a short term problem

Sewbiz your president’s block is outstanding

H4b the block you made for Biblistone is the same layout I have cut out, will see if I can come up with something different with my pieces. All your starts are just plain beautiful. Sad to hear about your mother will be praying for her.

Beautiful here In Minneapolis, yesterday it was in the 89’s and humid a cool front came through last night and we have the house all opened up. Making another trip to the donation store then to nursery for a hanging plant for the lake, then back to emptying sewing room.

Hope everyone has a good day
I hope to make two lap quilts with this fabric so duplicate blocks are not a problem!