2021 Fabric Moratorium

Old 06-05-2021, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Conchalea View Post
I've been absent from the board for an extended time, due to very long rides with my motorcycle group, and I attended my grandson's high school graduation, 9 days after his 2 year college graduation. That one was all virtual. But I found time in between all this to buy some fabric. K & I found a quilt shop in Stephenville, TX, about 40 miles from home! Sadly, she was in closing down mode, but lots of fabric was on sale. We each got FQ's, yardage, & I got some 108" backs & a TX panel to make a square pillow to go with the western quilt I've started. I bought the first fabric for it when Covid shut-down first began & have added to it since moving here.
It is good you are back now with all you have had going on. It will be fun to see what you get done with all the fine fabrics and the panel you bought.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:09 AM

I was biting at the bit when my sister called me this morning and told me about an estate sale that had everything from a quilting machine to fabrics and frames and book and so much more. Selling what ever will fit in a bag for $5 tomorrow. I had to take a deep breath and remind myself, do I need any of these things? Or do I let common sense? Today common sense rules. No fabrics or other things. My sister bought 2 large containers of buttons and many brand new books. She is very happy with her purchases. Of course this sale is on the sidewalk right next to a LQS. To much temptation for me to even get close. The plan is not to get dressed today.
Old 06-05-2021, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by acheela View Post
wow!! I used to live in S’ville years ago. I ride as well... moved to Wisconsin a couple years ago.
My paternal g-parents had a farm on the Lingleville Hwy when I was small, then moved to town. My parents met at Tarleton. S-ville is a booming town these days.
Old 06-06-2021, 04:36 AM
Power Poster

Well I did it....went on 10 days of vacation and didn’t spend a single cent on quilting. First time in 20+ years we didn’t visit a single shop, it was a very nice vacation, traveling through Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and South Dakota. Stayed in a cabin in South Dakota took lots of pictures and came home with over $1000 in vacation money- that’s never happened before either. I am ready to load up the next quilt on my stack to be quilted and continue using what I have.
Old 06-06-2021, 08:24 AM

Congratulations, ckcowl. That is an amazing milestone.
Old 06-06-2021, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Conchalea View Post
My paternal g-parents had a farm on the Lingleville Hwy when I was small, then moved to town. My parents met at Tarleton. S-ville is a booming town these days.

Oh my god! I used to live on the lingleville hwy. that house in between Lingleville and Desdemona on the south side of the road. Crazy small world!!
Old 06-06-2021, 04:55 PM

happylab: You got a great deal on those scrap bags.

acheela: Very pretty quilt!

juliasb: Good restraint on not checking out the estate sale.

ckcowl: Way to go on saving your money and still enjoying your vacation!

I finished several tops for my church quilting group. They are 60” by 80”. I also donated some fabric to a fundraiser garage sale so the fabric stash is going down a tad. 🙂

Here are 2 of the tops:
First one is a Log Cabin setting. 2” black strips were found in a donation (I needed a minimum of 1.5”) and they were close to the length I needed. The colorful strips were in my 1.5” drawer. A learning lesson: I sewed some that started with dark logs and some that started with light logs. Oops! Oh well! I made the same number of each style and put both styles in the block and it created an interesting design.

In the second picture, the bigger blocks were leftovers from a Wanda quilt by GEDesigns and extra blocks from Accuquilt’s Crazy Quilt die.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BE7D00C1-8A08-45B0-A6B9-B813322F32FB.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	633839   Click image for larger version

Name:	517958CA-D7E4-4B1E-A721-E6F42FA6EC25.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	633840  

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 06-06-2021 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-07-2021, 02:43 AM

Retiredteacher09, Very interesting version of the Log Cabin. I don't think I have ever seen it with the black logs that create floating colored strip "flowers". A creative concept that proves everything old is new again.
Old 06-07-2021, 03:32 AM

Great use of scraps in both, Connie.

Old 06-07-2021, 04:03 AM
Power Poster

Oh I really like the Log Cabin, Connie. Kudos to your continued sewing for your church group!