Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 06-12-2021, 08:12 AM

Julia sending lots of hugs and prayers. So sorry you are going through this.

Kristie and Marcia Lee beautiful blocks. Marcia mine is fabulous, thank you

Our house went on the market yesterday afternoon. A very bittersweet time

Janice enjoy your visit
Old 06-12-2021, 10:33 AM

Juliasb, my thoughts are with you and your mom.
Kristijoy, thank you for my block. It's lovely.
Marcialee, beautiful blocks.
I just finished a few more blocks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	633931   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	633932   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210603_171512048~2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	633933  
Old 06-12-2021, 11:07 AM
Power Poster

Nice blocks, Marcialee. Thank you for mine.

Julia, sending big hugs to you. I'm sure the hospice team will take good care of your Mom and keep her comfortable.
Old 06-13-2021, 05:02 AM

Good morning Zinnias,

Home from our sail trip, it was great! We could have used a little more wind (can't believe a Wyoming girl wants wind) and a newer boat, but it was so amazing to be out and about again! My bf loved it also, so maybe my dream of living on a sailboat is back to being more of a reality! We had a bad hailstorm while we were gone, so it was a busy day yesterday doing cleanup and replanting.

SBG and Hav4, I am so sorry about your injuries. We should have marketed those bubble suits years ago... we would all be in one piece and rich! I'm envisioning some difficulties in the bathroom with them....

Juliasb - so sorry about your mother. I know you have some tough days ahead, but I am glad you are able to be there with here. I would love to hear a favorite memory or two of your mother, I will be thinking of her and its fun to learn about someone's life!

House hunters - its crazy out there! My son is trying to buy his first house and its just about impossible. I know my little house has gone up $50,000 in the past couple months... If only I had a sailboat to move on to.

Beautiful - and super fancy- blocks everyone! I'm looking forward to getting started on mine this week - finally!

Thank you all for being such beautiful people, I could not wait to get home and see what you all were up to! Friendship is a glorious thing.
Old 06-13-2021, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

Jayne! Welcome home! Glad to hear you had a nice sail trip. Hope you find your sailboat to live on.

AHWU, what beautiful star blocks! Lovely fabric selections and work.
Old 06-13-2021, 11:03 AM

Wonder how many miles I've walked back-n-forth up the driveway to our RV to get ready for our trip? Good exercise for sure.

We are almost ready. Tonight we move all the perishables into the refrigerator and spend the night in our own driveway. Tomorrow morning after a quick breakfast we head out! This will be home to 3 of us (me, DH, and 14 year old teen). This is a short trip, only 10 days. We needed a post-covid shake down trip to get back into the groove. This fall we'll be out for 2-3 months!

I have 4 more blocks to do, which I will work on when we return (and before we go to see Grandma in July). I'll try and check in and share a few picture of the Redwoods!

Name:	WIN_20210613_11_56_34_Pro Small.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	633948  
Old 06-13-2021, 11:06 AM
Power Poster

kristijoy, what a beautiful rig to travel in! Enjoy your trip!
Old 06-13-2021, 03:04 PM

Julia I hope the final days with mom are peaceful and meaningful.

Kristi the Redwoods are some of my favorite places to camp. DH and I go in a kluged up van with a comfortable bed.

All the blocks are very wonderful but a bit intimidating. . Rather than do piecing I decided I better do applique.

these are raw edge applique, sewn down twice.
these first two are from the Skinny Quilts & table runners ll book.

Terriam when I made yours I was deciding whether to use this background or a more sedate one. Once I saw it was your block it was an easy choice.

the second block is for AHWU. I hope this reminds you of summer.

Name:	4CD03402-F0AC-4B0B-BA46-22E4E822AB5E.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	963.2 KB
ID:	633949   Click image for larger version

Name:	159BDA0D-4DC7-4BDE-BFB5-436C4C0FDCFF.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	862.4 KB
ID:	633950  
Old 06-13-2021, 03:10 PM

Love all the blocks but so much is going on in your lives since I was last here. I've just been babysitting and dealing with beginning of semester issues. I do love all the eye candy that has been posted since my last visit with you all. Marcialee my president's block is perfect! All your blocks are lovely. Ahwu -- your blocks take my breath away, too. Terriamn, off with the old (house) and on with the new, right? It is still sad having to leave your home to take on new adventures. Jayne, welcome back! Any quilt inspiration from the trip? Kristijoy, have a great time in that leprechaun! SBG, I hope you're healing, too. Don't let the tornadoes get you in Kansas, Janice!

JuliaB -- I am so sorry. I am glad you and your sister are there for her. Hospice will not let her suffer or feel like she can't breathe. You are a good daughter for following her directives. Hugs and prayers.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Rather than do piecing I decided I better do applique. These are raw edge applique, sewn down twice. These first two are from the Skinny Quilts & table runners ll book.
MJP -- your applique is always gorgeous! Your eye for color is really good, too. Are you a quilt instructor ever for applique?