Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Newbie Questions. >

Newbie Questions.

Newbie Questions.

Old 06-28-2021, 12:48 PM

I use a free editor called Ribbet. You upload your picture, save it as 1500 and it will upload onto the QB everytime.

Watson
Old 06-29-2021, 06:40 AM

WOW! I have been a board member for years and enjoy it very much and have gotten answers to many questions but have never posted a picture. I have wanted to many times but lacked the confidence because the process sounded so difficult. Now after reading these comments today, I am sure I'll never try.
Old 06-29-2021, 07:31 AM

I take my photos using an iPhone, and have worked around the photo size issue by emailing the pictures I want to share to myself. When I do this, I get the option to reduce the photo size for the email message. I open the message on my laptop, save the smaller picture and upload that one to this site. It's worked for me and I hope it might help you, too. :-)
Old 06-29-2021, 11:24 AM

Default Album Suggestion.

A member suggested using an album for sharing pictures. An other member tried to share with me this way and I was unable to view the link she posted. We ended up exchanging personal email, but one reason a board is useful that you don't have to use email.
Also I don't think you can upload a video to and album.
Anyone have hints on using albums.
Old 06-30-2021, 06:54 AM

I tried an album work-around. This lovely top was a UFO and already completed in segments when I got it. Obviously, taking paper off was not the original quilters happy place and I think she had a design choice go wrong... it would have actually been a pretty easy fix if she had gone back to it. But poor thing, I can see her all happy and excited and then she just couldn't get the sections to alternate in the center star. I decided to leave it exactly as it was (minus paper) -- I can live with it just fine.

Anyway, in the caption I put a link to Judy Niemeyer's site. It did work for me when with a "open link in a new tab" option.

https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...14-623255.html

edit/clarification Once you go to the album page, right click on the link and choose open in new tab. You do have to be a board member to view profiles/albums.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 06-30-2021 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:35 AM

Beautiful quilts Iceblossom. the link automatic open in a new tab on my Chrome browser.
Does the receiving person have to have a link or can albums be seen by any board member?
Old 06-30-2021, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by janemc View Post
Let me try some of this and see if I have got it.
Attachment 634177
This is using the Reduce Images online and the paperclip icon on the tool bar.

Now for the video.
Foot pedal modified for hand control in action
I posted the video on my YouTube, made it available only to someone who has the link then using the link icon on the tool bar posted the link in the message.

Then I copied this message with image attached and link and sent it as a Private Message. It looked ok in preview but the proof will be if it transmits.
The private message worked!
I created the message here and copied to private message.
Now to see if I could remove the post after it is copied.

Old 06-30-2021, 11:52 AM

We have a very short time here to edit posts, about 5 minutes. That's pretty standard, let's you have time to edit but not so much you can have bad behavior and delete it out before moderation arrives.

There are public and private things you can set up, but I have no restrictions so if it is on my page, it is open. Haven't ever felt the need to make private things. Non-board members cannot access certain parts of these forums, including the private profiles. Many of us have albums, but in general we don't talk about them much and I don't think most people do much with theirs. I just really started using mine maybe a year ago.

Thanks on the feedback on your method working -- bit by bit we will get it all figured out!
Old 07-01-2021, 10:45 AM

I save all my pictures in Google docs under quilt pictures then the year. If you share the doc, you can then use the doc as a link in your description. This gets you around the size issue and you don't have to resize all your pictures. I just tried it in the picture category and seems to work just fine.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:03 AM

Default Reducing photo size

I use FastStone Photo Resizer, a free download. Never had a problem with it.